Friday, April 04, 2014

POST #100: Mets Star Misses Opening Day for Baby's Birth; Radio Hosts & Fans Pissed

Man, people can be absolute callous dipshits.

Example: New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy took a leave from the team to go to the hospital to help his wife Victoria Ahem give birth to their first child. When news broke out, New York sports talk hosts got angry about it, and took to their mics to voice their utmost displeasure.

Here's how WFAN host Mike Francesca discussed the "controversy":

Hire a nurse, my ass, Mike.

And CBS Sports Network hosts Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton had this to say:

I don't know who Skinhead was before, but I hate him now. And really, Boomer? Make your wife get a C-section? Screw you! I know in my relationships, the women always had the upper hand. So I never make the female do anything this painful and absurd.

I may hear them say these words in ears, but this is what I hear in my mind:
Boo-hoo!! Daniel Murphy's left the Mets to fend for themselves while he goes to the hospital to give birth to his and his wife's baby!! And now they're gonna lose and we're so saaaaadd!! Our second-best player is gone!!

The person who wrote the article at a website called SportingNews.com put it best:
While opening day is held in high regard among baseball aficionados, it really is nothing more than the first of 162 games.

I mean Seriously? You do know your favorite team loses a game, too, right?

I have a question for the talk show hosts and their listeners/fans:
If you were a part of the Mets or any other MLB team (and any other sports team, for that matter), with you believing that this job is so important to you, nothing will stand in your way; and your wife is about to give birth on Opening Day, would you leave to help give birth?

If you said "yes", you're a fucking hypocrite. Not only are you stupid to say that this man should have put his team first rather than his family, you're a hypocrite for saying that because you yourself are doing that. I know that you all have kids and a radio show at the same time; so by the same logic, implying that if your wife would give birth while you're doing the job that you believe is so important to you, you'd probably stay at that job. Because Sports stars need to stay doing their jobs, while many things come their way: a birth, death in the family, tornado, fire, murder, whatever.

If you said "no", you're the saddest motherfucker in this country. How could you miss one of the most important days of your life, stranding by your wife's side giving birth to your baby, while you're out doing stupid shit God-knows-where? I'm not saying anyone should force you to go through this. I'm saying going to MLB Opening Day with the rest of your team or your friends, while your wife is giving birth, is really the dumbest thing you'll ever do in a marriage. And when it all ends, she'll be pissed, you'll sleep on the couch, if not the park, she'll talk about it to all her friends and label you a pathetic husband, and then you two get a divorce. It might happen, I don't know.

Sports stars also have families, too, you know. Their jobs are important for the most part, yes; but so are their families. Just because you want to give birth on the day that happens, and then go straight to work the next day, doesn't mean he should. You all can't force him to do what you think he should do. You are not him.

The thing is, the radio hosts and the fans were stupid to openly discuss this in the first place. And I should be stupid to waste my time with this subject in the first place. And I'm a baseball fan; Thank God I'm not a true fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment