Wednesday, June 04, 2014

School cancels fundraiser because of Jennifer Lopez's Free Concert

A school in New York has problem on its hands. The fundraiser began scheduling in November, 2013, and was to open the night of June 23. Instead, the school district cancelled the fund
The reason? Jennifer Lopez has a free concert at the

Really, little boy? Have you not heard of "On the Floor", "I'm Into You", "I Luh Ya Papi" (ugh; I hate that title) and others? Those songs are hits, and J.Lo is larger than life and makes more money than you or your family can ever make past the day any of you turn 200.
Oh Boo-Hoo.

I'm gonna say this like I'm Ashley from "Ask Ashley" segment on All That

JUST MOVE THE STINKIN' FUNDRAISER!!

It's hard to postpone something, and you'll lose some money from it, but when a celebrity comes to town with a free concert at a place near where you're having your fundraiser, it's time to give your head a shake. Just reschedule it to a week later or something. Sure it'll take a bunch of phone calls and you'll lose a deposit on holding down the last date, but making J.Lo and her promoter cancel something her fans were looking forward to (and by the way, that's 100,000+ people vs. about 250 kids and adults), it makes you all look like a bunch of greedy idiots, wanting J.Lo's money for something you could have easily fixed.

Don't blame Jennifer. She didn't plan this, schedule this, or know about the fundraiser. Her managers and promoter did. Blame them. Or at least have your superintendent call the promoters to work something out. Why should they cancel their event, something they also planned for months, for some small, measly event a charter school had planned? The bad sign I see from their side is that they must've known something about the fundraiser and didn't care. And I watched the report by WABC; it sad that the adults are making the kids throw shade at J. Lo. just to get sympathy from viewers. I'm not buying that crap for one second.
J.Lo or her workers never heard of the fundraiser, until recently when the fundraiser sign was held up. And even then, you have a point to reschedule from that.



Now, sure, I feel just as sad as the rest of the people who heard about the fundraiser, trust me, I really am. But to watch a report making J.Lo out to be a monster and these people the wounded animals she's eating, it made me disgusted. And I know it seems I'm on the side on someone who doesn't "Luh" Me {squirm} or care about me, but if all I hear from this story is "We cancelled our fundraiser and we're gonna lose a lot of money because of Jennifer Lopez's free concert."

whoa. Maybe I took it the wrong way.

Oh and J.Lo, a suggestion. Donate a perfect amount of money to the school, and that'll shut them up. They'll be happy, you'll be happy, I'll be happy to get on with my life, and all who care will move on to the next thing: maybe another stupid girl fight captured on cellphone, some goofy video or song going viral, or some kid

No comments:

Post a Comment