Sunday, April 24, 2016

Remebering Prince

It happened. But to someone we all never expected to leave us at such an early time.
Prince has passed away.

He was an artist we all knew and loved. His music has touched, changed, inspired, transcended and moved the world for over 4 decades. His unique and brilliant productions have left millions of fans gobsmacked and breathless, with beautiful mixes of R&B, pop, rock, funk and the Minnesota sound. And his persona was memorable; his outfits were fabulous and swagger-iffic and there is a reason he is named The Purple One.
All of these elements have made him one of the most iconic and memorable figures in all of music. He was and still is.

I've always listened to his music by chance on the radio. And when I do, turn it up and jam. I've loved Prince's music and appreciated his style, sound and vocals. Like Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, He truly was God's gift to the world, even when his moments on stage, in his music videos, and in his films were not holy or pure. This music was music for grown folks, but-like the music of MJ and Whitney-is so amazing that young people like me can listen and enjoy and be fans to it. And it's something you cannot go through life without hearing.

I had that feeling that he'd live on forever a long time. He's a very healthy and happy working man (to me) and didn't look sick till that day. But when that day came, I was shocked beyond belief. I couldn't think it could happen.

When I heard of his passing, I thought this was a hoax. Just some sick twisted lie someone threw at news agencies and companies just to feign outrage and bewilderment. But as time passed, I couldn't think it anymore and that it all settled in. He's gone. I was heartbroken and scared.

He will live on in his music. It will continue on forever. And Prince's legacy will rise and live forever until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment