Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Regular Show is Ending



Everyone...One of Cartoon Network's best, brightest and most irreverent original series will shout one last "OOOOHHHH!". Regular Show is coming to an end.

As announced this morning
, Cartoon Network has announced that a ninth season will not happen, making its upcoming eigth (premiering on the 26th) the final season.

And during the final season, the cast is making a major move. After seven seasons of hijinks and slacking at the park, they've moved to an even bigger locale: SPAAACE! Why? I don't know. Here"s a sneak peek from CN's YT channel to possibly explain.


After this clip, a few questions are asked from me:
-How did the park crew end up off Earth?
-What's the big button?
-What will the guys (and Eileen) do to get back home?
-Where's Thomas? (uhh, nevermind; I understand.)

Seems like taking advantage of it being the final season to change up everything for better or worse, but I don't mind it at all. And I'm pretty excited to see where the (animated) crew goes from here and where the (real life) crew takes this new direction.

Because in my opinion, I'm happy the series is ending. It started out great; an amazing plot, original relatable characters, brilliantly off-the-wall storylines, cool unexpected twists and turns and memorable moments to talk about hours after. If the tagline before the premiere to this series was "It's Anything But", you better take it seriously. And boy was it.

Then in later seasons, the spark kinda fizzled, with plots not as great, moments that left you scratching your head, and characterizations that left a bad taste in your mouth. There were some great episodes in the mix, but by then the show we knew and loved had changed. Over 250 episodes across 8 seasons will do that to ya.

I've watched on and off since it debuted in September 2010 (along with the pilot on YouTube), which is still as hilarious now as it was then) and I've made it one of my must-watch. Since then, it (along with Adenture Time with Finn and Jake) helped revive Cartoon Network back to a venerable destination for great, bold animated series. I wouldn't know where CN would've been without it, but I know where it is now with it, and I (as well as the rest of us) am eternally grateful to it for leading the way.
I'm gonna miss this Show a lot, but I'm cery happy to see it end the way the producers intended it.

So...a big thank you to creator and EP JG Quintel, the cast, the crew and Cartoon Network for this series, its awesome characters, memorable moments and everything else that made us all go "OOOHHHH!" and "GOOD SHOW!" and "MY MOM!" and "YOU'RE FIRED!" (errh, or maybe not that last one). Thank you all, and jolly good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment