Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beyonce's new single...It SUCKS

Hi guys. The Maroon Marauder is here. (You know what, let's not call me that)

Anyway, Beyonce is back with a new single. You may have heard of it; if not, GOOD. Here's why; the song is called "Bow Down", and in it, she talks about being on top of the world of music and that those beneath her...well...bow down, because she's the queen and all of you are her bitch, which is actually in the chorus. I first heard the song on BuzzFeed while reading about the makings of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, saw this pic of some girl that looks like her, read everything, and clicked on the link. And I couldn't believe what I heard. Here is the song; listen for yourself.



I was very surprised to hear Beyonce sing something like this. I never heard her say "bitch" or "shit" before. And I never heard a Beyonce song about her being better than others and that they want what she has. She was always about female empowerment and showed that in her music. Now she's doing a complete turn-around and releases this shit. Yes, that's right, I typed it. It's shit. The beat is horribly annoying, the baby voice makes me want to bang head against a wall, and hearing Beyonce say "Bow Down, Bitches!" makes my heart drop. I want to ask, "Why, Beyonce? Why release a song like this?". Maybe she wants to change her image without being stale. Maybe she wants to a female Jay-Z. I know. Maybe she's doing this to piss off fans, garner attention for her next album and get a one-way ticket to perform at this year's BET Awards. I don't know But the thing is I hate it. I really hate it. It didn't deserve to be released as a promotional single. Sounds like an interlude, so it should be on the album as one. I do not want to hear it again. And if I do...well, shame on me, it will happen anyway. And don't get me started on "I Put On"

See you guys later. (And you probably can can call me The Maroon Marauder if you want. It'll prove I actually have people reading this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment