Monday, February 03, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII: The Top Ads

Because I worked so hard on a review for a really bad Super Bowl, I decided to just show you all five ads I liked very much during the commercial breaks.

#5 - RadioShack: The Phone Call
At first, I thought it was a so-so commercial, but gained on me on how RadioShack has still looked like 1983 in 2013, and finally changed its look, with the help of the defining stars of the 80s, like Hulk Hogan and ALF. Pretty awesome.


#4 - Chrysler: Bob Dylan
A brilliant use of how wonderful America is, with the horses and the cheerleaders and the wrapping flags around your body thing and...stuff. Among other things. Basically just about how their cars are built in America while everything we use doesn't. In a very intimate and wonderful pakage.


#3 - Volkswagen: Wings
VW is at it again. This time showing that when VW car reaches 100,000 miles, one of its German engineers grows wings, a modern take on "It's a Wonderful Life". Although the part I don't like is the part where two engineers are urinating; one pair of wings (or dick) is bigger than the other. That's creepy. The "rainbow butts" had me dying. Really weird, but super hilarious.


#2 - Cheerios: Gracie
The ad featuring the same family from with the cute little girl from "Just Checking", except this time the family grows by one (and a puppy). Such a very heartwarming ad. Oh, and that girl could have a nice career being Donald Trump.



#1 -TIE; Doritos: Time Machine & Budweiser: Puppy Love
These are, respectively, funniest and sweetest ads of the game, and therefore, to me, the best.
Doritos is always known for really stupid men and really mischievous children, and this ad features them both. The man falls for the boy's "Time Machine" that works on Doritos and thinks he's IN THE FUTURE when he sees an old man, thinking he's that boy. Hilarity ensued.

Also, this ad from Budweiser. They're know for very patriotic and/or heartwarming ads, and this has to be one of the most heartwarming ever. It features a golden retriever and a Clydesdale in a very cute friendship. That is, until the GR is adopted, breaking the bromance (or sismance; I'm not sure) until a few more Clydes spell it out to a famrer the and the GR's owner, then letting the two buddies stay together until the very end. If I could cry at this, I really would. Take a look.


Honorable Mentions:
Toyota Muppets
GoDaddy "I Quit"
Oikos Greek Yogurt "Full House" Reunion &
T-Mobile Tim Tebow

And there they are. My top 5 picks for the best ads of the Super Bowl. I hope you like them. I sure have more than the game.
See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment