Thursday, September 04, 2014

Joan Rivers Has Died

Hi, everyone.
Who knew that just a week after we lost one of the greatest actors and comedians of all time (Robin Williams), we would lose one of the greatest comediennes of all time?
Well, that's what happened when the shocking and heartbreaking news came earlier today, when Joan Rivers passed away at 1:17PM at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. As soon as I heard he news, I was shocked. She was so alive and well, that she could do her magic for another 5-7 years. So shocked that I hoped that she would wake from her coma and leave the hospital to do what she loves best alive and well.

She was a true pioneer in comedy and paved the way for many females to go into the world of stand-up comedy. And she was just a busy-body; always having the time to do stand-up shows, her E! show Fashion Police and her We show Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?. Her humor has been controversial in recent years, but she still knew how to make em' laugh. Sure she could piss someone off with it (I was one of those people), but there was always a chance someone else can chuckle from it (Again, I was one of those people). And jokes have been made about her face (me myself have made a few before), but she was a beautiful woman with the wit and humor to match.

"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh," her daughter Melissa Rivers said in a statement. "Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

Joan is survived by her daughter Melissa and her grandson Cooper.
She will be missed.
(1933-2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment