Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Toony-Tuesday!: Future-Worm!

A series about a talking heroic invertebrate with a beard of steel and and for days? Sign me up!

Hey everyone, and welcome to Toony Tuesday. Today I review Disney XD's Future-Worm!. Yes, there are other series on the network other than Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Penn Zero and (in a much lesser extent) Wander Over Yonder and Randy Cunningham; and this was one of them. Too bad it got cancelled after one season and for this, for the first time ever, I'm combining two segments of this blog to review it. Welcome to One Season Wonder...on Toony Tuesday.

-
I've never watched this series until I heard the announcement that it got cancelled. And even then, I held a small reservation toward it, cause I had fears I'd get into a show I'd probably (inherently) hate and regret watching in the first place. Fortunately, that did not happen. I actually liked and enjoyed it. It's super goofy and even ridiculous at times, but it's still a tight, coherent, pretty-well-written and coolly-animated cartoon.

The two main characters have a bit of Adorkabilty going on. Danny is a brilliant kid who is a great young scientist; his wide-eyed optimism, excited behavior and friendship with Fyootch is adorable to the max. Future-Worm is an ordinary worm that becomes a strong, powerful worm. His look, voice, actions and goofiness scream 80s action films. And I love that. There friendship is one of the more unexpected out-of-left-field kinships in Animated TV, but one I ended up enjoying.
PLUS their adventures are of the same, but I enjoyed the heck out of them too.

One of my favorite supporting characters of the series is Danny's dad Doug. His moments based off his quirks and fears are hilarious. See "How to Beat a Cold...with Fists!" where he has to face his fear with germs to take care of his sick son, while Danny wants to get rid of it to go to a TV convention. (In fact the whole episode is hilarious)

Also a favorite is Bug, the Dynamic Duo's purple-haired, winged friend who adorable and Lockhart at the same time. Her acquaintance and assistance on their adventures makes them more amazing.

Why It's a Wonder:
Besides being a Disney XD series not exactly any of the higher-rated originals mentioned above, it isn't exactly memorable, which explains the early cancellation. But it held it's own, and is really fun to watch if you've taken the time.

I like this series a lot. It's weird, quirky and a lot of fun. Even though there's only on season, it's really worth a binge if you'd like. I hope you enjoy it.

This has been my review of Future-Worm!
And this has been Toony-Tuesday! ...oops, sorry, excuse me. One Season Wonder...on Toony-Tuesday!

I'm sure there will be a lot of more reviews of one-season animated shows under this crossover segment as years pass. I think this would be a great idea, and I hope you guys enjoy much more from this

No comments:

Post a Comment