Saturday, May 11, 2013

MM: Jodi Arias Trial and Cleveland House of Horrors: My Thoughts

Hi everybody.

You know this week has been filled with two shocking news stories that gripped the nation and the world. That is the Verdict in the Trial of the insane (and hot) Jodi Arias and the Rescue of three Cleveland women kept in a house by Ariel Castro, a very horrible man who probably was good at improv. So instead of informing you about the two big stories of the day (I;m sure you already had), I'll give you my thoughts on them both. Even though I don't watch much news, so here we go.

Now the Jodi Arias trial was been one huge thing in people's minds for the last four months. A woman accused of killing a man (in this case Travis Alexander) who broke her heart, so she took the "If I can't Have You No One Can" route and shot him, stabbed him 27 times, and slit his throat. Since then she went to court battling it out with prosecutors saying "This bitch killed her ex-squeeze" disguised as the hundreds of words over the course of four months. Now you would be shocked to read this, but I was sorta/kinda believed some of the things she said. But then I gut puzzled when the prosecutors said she was a compulsive liar. This trial had more twists and turns than a typical episode of Scandal. Then came the moment of Verdict. Arias was found guilty for first-degree murder. I was happy, but admittedly, a little sad too. But usually that's how I feel when other famous people are in televised court cases. Casey Anthony. Michael Jackson. OJ Simpson. Phil Spector. Anna Nicole Smith. Roman Polanski. Samson. She was clearly stone faced when the result was read, letting me think that she knew she would be convicted. And when she said in a TV interview that she would take the death penalty, I thought that she should take it. People who kill people should be killed. (Even though I don't believe in the death penalty)

And now to the story of the Cleveland House of Horrors. From 2002 to 2004, three women (Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus) disappeared. years later, it turned out that they were kidnapped by a man named Ariel Castro. During those ten years, the women suffer abuse, rape, unwanted pregnancies (and miscarriages) being chained to walls, and losing contact with their families and the outside world. Apparently, stories of abduction soften me up. And if the people abducted are found I thank God and dance like nobody's watching. This time I did that and then some. I absolutely loved the man who saved them: Charles Ramsey. A very colorful character with a great humor (sometimes when he's serious), this guy was also brave to come to Amanda Berry's rescue. Also the 911 operators were total dicks; they were supposed to comfort them, not rush them so they can hag them up later. But what also makes this story amazing is the daughter of berry who survived the Hell her mother and the two other women endured and come out alive. I wish them all a great life, while I wish Castro (and his brothers, who took part in this)a good life in Hell; he needs to rot there.

So as these stories reach their ends, remember that the good things will come to those who need it, and the bad things WILL have a price. The bad guys (Jody Arias and the brothers Castro) will suffer, while the good guys (the Cleveland Four and the Family of Travis Alexander) will find closure and a new life ahead. And I enjoy the ending to that story.
See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment