Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Racists crying foul at USC

Hi everyone. Sorry for the lateness.
Well there is a sad case "calling someone a bad name" at USC las week. This all happened at a party near the university's camp where 400 African-Americans were attending. The LAPD responded to a noise complaint, so seventy-nine officers came, with riot gear. (sigh) Some students believe this was racial profiling. Some students made cell phone videos and sent them to YouTube.

A student-run Newspaper reported that the LAPD said that they responded to the complaint, which was sent at 2am on Saturday, by telling the DJ to turn down the music, to which the DJ complied. The party goers then reportedly refused to leave and threw bottles at the officers (Sigh again), who called riot squad. Six students were arrested while an officer was hospitalized for injuries. There was also a party across the street with predominately white students, but no one was arrested.

I'll stop there. Listen, you'd think the LAPD were the bad guys here, but no. It's the idiot students for acting like fools. Don't get me wrong, I like a good party once in a while, but a rowdy party that disturbs the peace isn't my style. In this case it's a party with a bunch a black kids bumping and grinding on each other to loud creepy music, drinking excessively, and doing things they would regret later on. And before you call me a racist, because you will anyway and you haven't read the whole thing yet, keep in mind that I'm black and even I have standards to living my life. Those I've mentioned are not it. Although I don't blame them for the racial profiling thing, as there was another party with white students but not one disturbance was reported. Although I didn't hear anything about that party, which makes me puzzled on whether or not the racial profiling makes sense.

Anyway I don't think the LAPD should be hated for this. They were just doing their jobs. If they weren't called, the party would've gotten worse. And the students should learn from this. 1) Do not mess with the police 2) Don't make yourself an embarrassment to your race; and 3) Make sure that it's racial profiling when the white kids' party is louder and rowdier than yours.

Good night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment