Monday, January 13, 2014

People's Choice Awards: My Review

Hey everyone. The People's Choice Awards aired last night, but I didn't watch live. I had other things to do. So I watched from YouTube, thanks with the good graces from from someone who recorded and uploaded the whole thing, so I thank you dearly. So here are some highlights for me in a nutshell:

It seems like every time CBS airs this ceremony, it's just an excuse to give some of their shows recognition and tell people about them. And let Ellen Degeneres show up just to pick up an award for "Best Talk Show Host"; her record 14th!! I don't hate Ellen; I find her hilarious a lot. But it's time someone else won the award, but as long as she has a talk show (until she 79 for all I know), she just keep this award category under her belt (or fanny pack; whatever she makes her team make for her at abnormally large sizes). And Adam Sandler is only funny when he isn't trying to be.

Anyway, I always have this consternation like I have for the past few years. Some of the expectations were correct some of last years winners won, and it came to my anger. I don't know why I should be angry, but this is the People's Choice Awards. The people chose; specifically, anyone under 28 with a computer and cell phone, and not me. But how the awards were given and how everyone still acts so surprised makes me sick. I should be happy, at least, but I wasn't.

Also the hosts suck ass, especially the blonde. Seriously, Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs should stick to their day jobs (even though their day jobs also suck ass.) Although Beth was kinda good singing Wrecking Ball and Before She Cheats. She did something okay. So not much is different. It was boring, felt forced and I almost deeply regretted watching.
And yes, there will be people saying "If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have watched it."--well, something like that misspelled and messed up with numbers somewhere. But it was live, Sara Barreilles was performing and they're not here anyway, so what!

All of the the performers were great this year. But my favorite was OneRepublic, who really shut the place down with their performanc. Ryan Tedder really burnt his throat wailing on stage. And this is one of their best songs to dte for me, so that's great.

Here are this years' winners: My reaction is right next to some of them.

Favorite: Movies
Movie/Action Movie: Iron Man 3
Comedic: The Heat (It was pretty funny, Bu Sandra And Melissa were hilarious)
Dramatic: Gravity (Sandra owned popular cinema this year; one of the best dramas )
Actor: Johnny Depp (What movies have he been in this year I heard of?)
Actress; Sandra Bullock (She owned the show this year)
Dramatic Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
Dramatic Actress: Sandra Bullock
Comedic Actor: Adam Sandler (He's only funny when he's not trying hard to be)
Comedic Actress: Sandra Bullock (Seriously!)
Action Star: Robert Downey Jr. (What did we think was gonna win?; This will explain the requests he made at the mic.)
Movie Duo: Sandra Bullock & George Clooney (Gravity)
Family Movie: Despicable Me 2
Horror Movie: Carrie
Thriller Movie: Now You See Me
Year End Movie: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

TV
Network Comedy: The Big Bang Theory (I did expect this at all)
Network Drama: The Good Wife (Ohmigod YEEEESS!! This show rocks!; Seriously this show is really good)
Comedic Actor: Chris Colfer (He makes me laugh zero times)
Comedic Actress: Kaley Cuoco (She makes me blush a lot a times)
Dramatic Actor: Josh Charles
Dramatic Actress: Stana Katic
TV Crime Drama: Castle
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: Beauty & the Beast
Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor: Ian Somerhalder
Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress: Kristin Kreuk
Cable Comedy: Psych (I was shocked. No really.)
Cable Drama: The Walking Dead (I wasn't shocked there
Premium Cable Show: Homeland
Movie/Miniseries: American Horror Story
Cable TV Actress: Lucy Hale
TV Anti-Hero: Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
Bromance: Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester & Castiel (Supernatural))
Gal Pals: Rachel Berry & Santana Lopez (Glee)
On Screen Chemistry: Damon Salvatore & Elena Gilbert (The Vampire Diaries)
Hero: Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead)
New Comedy: (Super Fun Night)
New Drama: (Reign)
Actor In A New TV Series: Joseph Morgan
Actress In A New TV Series: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Streaming Series: (Orange Is the New Black)
Series We Miss Most: (Breaking Bad)
Daytime Host(s): Ellen DeGeneres (The Ellen DeGeneres Show) (See top, but still, someone else should win next year)
Late Night TS Host: Stephen Colbert (The Colbert Report)
New Talk Show Host: Queen Latifah (The Queen Latifah Show)
Competition TV Show: The Voice

I can't show the Music categories, because this is too much for me to bear.
It was a mixed bag shoe for me as always so we'll what goes on next year.

Thank you for reading; I'm so sorry I didn't give you more, but whatever. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment