Monday, December 29, 2014

Surprise Short/Long Music Review: Potatoes & Low-Asses (Yes. SERIOUSLY.)


Yes, folks. What you read at the top of the page is a real thing. And No, it's not a typo.
If you've been watching Over the Garden Wall like I have, then you know about it and its music that have become popular all across the nerd-vine of the Internet. One of the most popular is "Potatoes and Molasses", a song about Gregory's declaration that the this delicious meal that is "warm and soft like puppies and socks", "much sweeter than Algebra class" and "short and stout to make everyone shout". If you haven't heard the song yet (seriously, why?), here it is below:

The reason I'm mentioning this is because the other day looking over blog's official Twitter page timeline, I came across this tweet by The Blasting Company, the good folks who composed and recorded the series music, which reads:

After clicking on the link enclosed in it, I was redirected to a video on YT. This video is something I was surprised to hear, and will never forget it. And boy, I'm glad I listened to it.

This is a mash-up song by "Psycosis" between "Molasses" and a song by (of all artists) Juicy J called "Low" featuring Nicki Minaj, Young Thug and Lil Bibby. It is called "Potatoes and Low Asses". Really.
Brace yourself for maximum absurdity and awesome ahead.



All I can say is...Psycosis aka whoever made this, I applaud you. This is super awesome. I usually don't like Juicy J songs, but this mash-up made me really like this song. The beat and production are really, really good, it's great to dance to, and actually accentuates the Juicy J track to beyond tolerance for me. Plus, the name is genius! Combining "Potatoes and Molasses" with "Low" and Asses, which no-doubtedly rhymes with Molasses, is a stroke of genius. Everything about this mash-up is genius!
I mean, what more can I say? This is so damn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment