Friday, July 10, 2015

#AGTXReview: Auditions -- Ep. 5 - Break it Off or Valley of the Doll or Elderymetal



Hello again, folks.. The America’s Got Talent Auditions continue to entertain, excite and inspire, with more acts coming in to audition and hopefully go to the Live Shows and possibly win $1,000,000 and a Headlining Show in Las Vegas. But before this, is a hurdle they must pass before reaching such (and another hurdle for us to pass before Vegas.) Again, I'm spotlighting 8 acts, and all of them are great to watch here, with the the

First, another great open, as the auditionees AND judges are driving to this week’s auditions (...wherever they are). While the girls ride in a cute pink Model-T, the guys hit the streets in a hot-as-fire red Muscle. It’s nice to the judges to whatever they do before reaching the auditions...even if it is fake as hell.

First up is The Gentlemen aka 19-year-old Zach and 12-year-old Cameron.
This tux-donning duo from Fairfield, CA exhibit a short-fry style is hip-hop, break-dancing and popping. I knew from watching that they were going to be awesome up there, and I was right.

Their moves, whether individually or together, are fantastic to watch. They are really talented and have held me over as much as the judges, I enjoyed their style and grace. Plus, they were having fun on stage as much as I was watching them. I certainly felt the pride that their parents and sister showed on stage, and I share it with them. I couldn’t be as proud as they were for their sons/brothers, because when family is there for you and support you, even when you lose, other people’s pride couldn’t even try to reach a millionth to there’s. But I’ll be there to try.
Great job to The Gentlemen, and I’ll be ecstatic to see them in the Live Shows.
--
Next up is Mentalist Oz Pearlman, a stockbroker from New York, who left his career in Wall Street to chase his dream of magic. If you read the fourth word in that last sentence, you’d already know what he does for a living and what he’ll do during his audition. But what he’s done here with the Judges will no doubt amaze you.

Again, amazing.
--
Semeneya is a dance troupe doing Salsa. The ladies are already hot, so this can’t be better. But it was...kinda.

They do need to tune their moves, but that was a great start. That is, until I realized later that one of the dancers got hurt from a bad landing. I was a little shocked.
And I hoped that he’ll be okay, and that they’ll go on. Whichever is better, I stand behind.
The troupe got a choice from the judges, and chose to stay with their friend now in the hospital with two of them as a duo continuing the audition...and they still got the ball rolling. Speeding, even! The quickness is stunning, and the moves and chemistry between the dancers was off-the-charts stupendous! I nearly couldn’t breathe from watching that. I love these guys, and I think they are one of the best dance troupes I’ve seen this season so far, and I know they’ll make it to the Lives. But I’ll be disappointed if they didn’t.
--
Shel Higgens is a stuntman. And he’s a grandpa. (which EXPLAINS why his wife didn’t appear with him during his audition).

I was almost breathless when he picked up that jacksaw to his apple-holding mouth. I knew what would happen, yet I was still cringing from the thought of not reaching the apple. I wasn’t all that impressed with it. But I’m seeing some potential in him, if he changes it up.
And if those of you come at me with a comment telling me to try the act or that I’m jealous of his talent (and I’m not), it’s just that even with the element of suspense and danger, it’s still an act of an old man cutting an apple in his mouth. It still isn’t as great as other acts to me. Sorry.
--
Next up is Alex Boye, a Nigerian singer originally from London, and now residing in Salt Lake City.
His act involves covering popular songs and, with his band, giving them an African flavor. The song for his Audition is Taylor Swift’s already future-classic “Shake It Off”.

First off, I didn’t know he was so popular on YouTube before making his appearance on AGT. So I should check out his covers on his Channel for more. Which makes my opinion more sensical.
I loved what he brought to his act. But in my opinion, it didn’t really sound “African” to me at first. It sounds like any other cover by anyone else. Even the horns sound normal. Maybe the tempo and Boye’s vocals are the reasons for the concept and what makes the cover here, I’m not sure. But nonetheless, because of the fast, fun nature and amazing sound, I loved the performance, as well as the ending when Boye did a jump off the stage, and INTO A BACKFLIP!!!
Holy crap! That was really good. His outfit is cool, too. And so is strut face right here as well.

This guy deserves going to Vegas, and I can't wait for whatever covers he'll do next.
--
I love Metalachi.
They’re a band that fuses Metal AND Mariachi! That alone is enough to give them their own show. But we have to see what they do first.

That’s it?? Okay. Well...they did so awesomely! Both genres are played very well and balanced perfectly. These guys know what they’re doing and seem to have a lot of fun doing so. Just like I had fun watching their audition. I wish I knew a lot more about the band, but since they’re going to Vegas, I hope the producers would shell out at least a little bit of screentime for them for a more proper intro.
(And funny story: I thought the song they played, “We’re Not Gonna Take It Anymore”, was the Theme from Sesame Street. hee-hee, right? Right?)
--
Oleksiy Mogylnyy is a Hand Balancer originally from Kyiv, Ukraine, who's now residing in Las Vegas. (Ironic)
This dude balanced himself on a doll. not. kidding.

And that was awesome. Seeing as the doll doesn’t fall off or even move, it just makes me gasp for air. I have no other words other than “he deserves to go to Vegas and the Lives!”. He is an act I would pay to see there.
--
This next auditionee is the next to get the Golden Buzzer.
Her name is Arielle Barril. And she is a singer.
But what she did, straight up shocked me, the audience and the Judges.

She sang Opera! And she really sounded like an Adult! And she was really good! Blew us all away for sure.

And that’s it for now. all of these acts are extremely amazing in what they do and deserve to go to Vegas. I’m so excited to see Vegas Week get bigger and more exciting. Gosh, I’m so giddy for what comes next week. See you then for the review.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment