Friday, July 03, 2015

Funday Friday: #39--Happy 4th of July

Tomorrow is going to be a great day. Because tomorrow is one of the greatest and most celebrated holidays of the year: Independence Day, also known is the 4th of July. Of course, everyone will celebrate by having family barbecues and watching special events on television, like concerts and a marathon of The Twilight Zone on Syfy. I don't blame you; I'm that kind of guy. But the real reason to celebrate is this: the day and the Declaration of Independence was adopted, and the United States was incorporated, in 1776, no longer just 13 colonies but a whole nation, and no longer a part of the British Empire. It would take many years before all 50 states were incorporated, but this day celebrates the country's birth. And that brings everyone together, and that is what makes it awesome.

I'm a proud citizen of the States, so I'll be celebrating the way I know how: cookouts with my family and watching TV, especially that Twilight Zone marathon. But it doesn't matter. What matters is how all of you will celebrate. I hope you guys will have a great, safe, fun, honorable and patriotic holiday weekend. We all deserve it, being in one of the greatest countries in the world.

And if you guys don't live in the US...well, whatever holiday celebrates the start of your country, I hope you guys have a great time, too. Just like Canada did earlier this week with Canada Day. They deserved it, also being one of the best in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment