Friday, October 09, 2015

Raven-Symone Won't Hire No Ghetto-Named People

You know? The more that Raven-Symone opens her mouth, the more stupid she sounds.



Today on The View, she makes a confession that if she would own a business, she would not hire anyone with a unique name, or a ghetto name.



Now, I have made it clear on this blog before that I'm not a person fond of ghetto names. I've said some cruel things I really cannot take back. But I do know that just because someone has a ghetto name, that doesn't mean that, sometime in their lives, there will be trouble to commit. That also doesn't mean they'll uphold some black stereotypes that others would. There are people with ghetto names that have respectable behaviors and styles in their lives, and actually want to work hard for a earnest dollar and a Well-deserved life. And they most certainly WANT a job to begin on the part to that lifestyle.
And it's kinda really sad that some people would think otherwise about them. And it's even sadder that this has happened for more than several years, as they have been severely discriminated against--because of their names. Heartbreaking, even.

Raven, it's time you rethink your job as co-host of The View and maybe a possible return to Disney Channel, because the more you're still working on that show, the more Barbara Walters is regretting hiring you. Ever since that comment of your ancestry from every "continent" from Africa and Europe, it's really hard to take you seriously. I don't know if you are doing this intentionally to gain interest towards you, but this is just pathetic. And that's to say nothing of your not-so-common name.

Fucking Really?! Watermelon-draya?!?!
I know Michelle Collins says some really dumb jokes, but I know she wouldn't stoop this low for shits and giggles. This is just like the ladies criticising Miss Iowa for showing her profession as a nurse to impress the judges at the Miss America pageant, and Kelly Osbourne's crack (on the same show no less!) about Donald Trump making a wall around Mexico, and challenging him to prove who will clean his hotel chains. And like many other controversies on the show in the past year, this will only drive interest and viewership to it for the wrong reasons.

Anyway, I want to be serious for a minute.
Now, I have said that I find ghetto names stupid. But as a guy with a dorky-ass name, I have to backtrack my statements. Your names are unique. Your names are special. Your names has their own meaning. And they should be taken as strongly as many other names. I should not have said such cruel things to people who have these names and cannot take them back, as they have to keep them throughout their lives.
I apologize for these statements and I hope you all forgive me for them.

As for Raven-Symone, she needs to keep her mouth shut or try to say something smart and meaningful from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment