Friday, October 09, 2015

Funday Friday: #Fifty--The Amazing Dancing Madrids Dance Again

Hey everyone.
You know, I've been giving thoughts on some polarizing topics over the years. Some good, and some bad. Some of those topics have been of the heartbreaking stories of the year, and others of the happiest moments of the moment.

But, since there are more happy stories than I can count in one year, I decided to dedicate a regular weekly segment out of them. And that's when I created Funday Friday.

Who knew that, for better or worse, and whether one post a week or two or more, that it took me this far: 50 Editions written. And I quite proud of the achievement.

So to celebrate, I want to go back to the beginning and revisit the subject of the very First edition. Ladies and gentlemen, I again present to you...Keone and Mariel Madrid.

When I first saw the video of their performance to Bob Marley's "Is This Love", I was both impressed and inspired. Seeing this old-in-sight, but young-at-heart couple dancing with such talent and experience gives me the proof that you shouldn't excuse yourself from doing what you love because you're old. As long as you're as young as you feel (and as agile as an adult) you can do what you love.
And in their case, it's dancing.

Yep, they're old. ...Or ARE they? No, they're not.
From watching the videos below, I learned that they're not really old. They not even middle-aged yet. They're young adults with the faces of babies. As it turns out, they were wearing makeup and masks.
But they still talented as all heaven.

And now, in this landmark celebration, I present their encore, as presented by the Urban Dance Camp, set to songs by Sam Smith.

First up, "Stay with Me".
You will love the emotion and love and passion between the two. And there's something at the end you gush over.


and here is "Money on My Mind", where they are joined by three other dancers. While all of them are awesome, the guy in the gray shirt stands out.


And finally, a third video featuring Anna Kendrick's "Cups (When I'm Gone)" from Pitch Perfect and, halfway through, two fellow dancers joining in to try it themselves. It's great.


I've said this before (when I thought they were old), and I'll say this in different wording:
These two dancers are some of the most talented dancers I've ever had the privilege of watching. Their moves, techniques and pizzazz are mind-blowingly spectacular and there's no way of proving otherwise. I love watching these two every time doing all of their dances, that I need to spotlight the other dancers in the Urban Dance Camp stable. So stay tuned--as later in the fall, I do a edition on the Urban Dance Camp and its ultra-talented members doing what we love to watch. See you then.
And have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment