Monday, September 22, 2014

This Week in NFL: Negroes Fighting Loved-ones

So, this month has been filled of controversy involving football and the guys who play it, along with those behind the scenes, including commissioner Roger Goodell. But it's what happens off the field that fueled the firestorm.

After the Ray Rice crap, more players have been caught physically assaulting either their wives or other members of their families. And in the case of Adrian Peterson, his own 4-year-own son. Sickening.

I know I'm not the first person to say this, I know I won't be the last and everyone has said it before me, but... Commissioner Roger Goodell needs to resign soon. Although he has done a great job as commish in the years prior to the incident, all he's done in the weeks after the Ray Rice scandal has been downright pitiful and wrong. He barely did a thing to ensure Rice's firing from the Ravens and helped make the situation worse. He didn't fire him from the team, he didn't signal a firing to team owners and even do anything to severely punish Rice until after that infamous second video was released. Hell, nothing was done after the first video was released either, and it's shocking no one noticed anything was wrong even after seeing the guy dragged a damn body out the elevator door!

Elsewhere, I am very mixed on the Adrian Peterson case. In this country, there are different ways parents discipline their children. One of these ways is spanking them. I was one of these children when my parents spanked me for many things when I was a child. I got spanked on a chair, spanked with a shoe, even got my ass kicked literally, but it's not as worse as whipped with a tree branch. Hell, once my grandma smacked the hell out of me because I accidentally changed a setting on her TV! Before you assume my elder members of my family are different versions of Joe Jackson, I did bad things to deserve these spankings, and not one time was my punishment given with a tree branch. This man is a 29-year-old, 6 foot-1 inch, 217 lb. football player spanking his son, who is 4-years-old and has the same body frame as any other 4-year-old child, because he pushed his brother. That is about the sickest piece of discipline from a sports player I've ever heard so far.

Back to Goodell, How he could be so clueless as to noticing what was happening in front of him for the past few weeks just baffles me so much, it makes me laugh. He was supposed to make firm decision in tackling this head on, but he did nothing to stop it from getting worse.

When he made the announcement to tighten domestic abuse policies, I thought it's not gonna do any good. It's bad enough that this had to be implemented days after ANOTHER player beat up a family member, but No matter what, someone is still gonna be a victim of DA, and the League will be in an even worse state than it was before. It's like saying you hate Peanut Butter because it sticks on the roof of your mouth, and wanted to switch to something else like Nutella. It won't do any better, because it'll still stick to your mouth!

If I may be honest, will this stop me from watching football anytime soon? Nope. just because some players committed abuse upon their family members and in turn cause a huge scandal after the fact, doesn't mean it'll bring the whole league and the other teams and players down with it. It's just two teams and the higher-ups that have been affected. The other teams are fine. And this season is going great. Besides, my fave team, the Philadelphia Eagles are starting off the season in amazing fashion. And I'm not gonna let this scandal overshadow that; hell no, not at all.

I would only hope that this would end soon, because domestic violence news is starting to get less sickening and get more annoying. I want domestic abuse to end soon, but I don't want news about it to come at least 3 days at a time.
You'd be surprised a story like THIS would could someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment