Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Ghostbusters" Reboot Cast Revealed--I APPROVE!!

Hey everyone.
It's the news that everyone has been talking about--well, the news that the magazine and newsmagazine show websites has been talking about for the past few days.
If you haven't heard, Ghostbusters, one of the biggest, best and most original comedy films of all time is getting rebooted...and with a female cast.

Well, yesterday, the cast has been revealed. And for those of you who are (still) fans of Saturday Night Live, like I am, you guys will love this:
former cast member Kristen Wiig, current cast members Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, and two-time host Melissa McCarthy will be the actors suiting up and saving New York this time for the reboot. I think this is a perfect cast.

But I hope this perfect cast will not use characteristics I usually think of from them:
Kristen is known for portraying annoyingly dorky and self-centered characters and Melissa playing rude, crass, creepy, annoying and highly foolish characters in her recent movies. Also, on SNL, Jones is known for being a loud, sassy, scary, sex-addled woman and McKinnon is known for creepy, goofy and sometimes off putting characters in sketches. But to many people, they find them funny or even hilarious. I only find Wiig funny most of the time, McCarthy some of the time, and Kate and Leslie all the time.

I hope these characteristics will be toned down for this film; Ghostbusters is beloved for many reasons--one of them being characters that are being funny (really funny AND smartly funny) without resorting to annoying sexual or toilet humor crap for several cheap laughs. But I think these ladies can pull it off well with some sharp writing and great production. And I've seen some of Paul Feig's work; this guy is talented and

I wish the cast and crew the best of luck with the film and belive this will be a big hit at the box office. I mean it has to be, it's Ghostbusters!
Well, of course, it still won't compare to the original film, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment