Wednesday, May 07, 2014

#MaroonMay--#LSMR: FACK

I asked my followers if they can suggest a song for me review this month during Maroon May. No one stood up except for one, who's also one of my friends on Twitter. He suggested a song from the vast (and disturbing) catalogue of Eminem. He also told me that this is one of Em's worst songs ever. Well, it did come from his fifth album Encore, which I heard was his worst album yet, so he wasn't kidding.

So immediately, Em wastes no time spitting about someone wanting to yell and scream and--uhh, well (rhymes with "hum"). At first, the word "fuck" would be replaced with "fack", because of it's placement in the chorus or maybe so the title can appear on the physical CD tracklist.
Boy was I wrong. It still appears in the song, and it's said as much as "Fack".

Let's get into it. I'm scared. (Proceed with so. much. caution.)

Okay, let's stop...this is a song about sex. Real sex. Raw sex. Eminem-says-so sex. That she's (let) and she's on (hop) and crap. That's all it is! Sex! Cum! Getting wet! Crap, this song is disgusting!

Here are some lyrics, which have nothing to do with anything else but rough dirty sex, and there's NO subtext of ANY kind it's all out there. And I didn't type them down, because then I had to memorize them and remember them.
I hope that's a strange term for "anal with a condom"

I thought rap songs in general mentioning sex were disgusting, but since most just mention what they're doing without the detail, this is just the pits for me. There were no implications or no exceptions; everything was out there in the open. I've never felt so disgusted from a song I've heard before (even from Eminem). Even songs like Stan, My Name Is and Cleaning Out My Closet are less gross and controversial than this. In fact, it's an insult to the word "Controversial" to call this song "Controversial".

It's just so fack-ing gross. It even ruins GERBILS for me!

Possibly the cleanest line in the entire song is this:
"Let's call your sister Three-way/Have some Three-some/Me so horny"
"And you're suck a fuckin' babe/I wanna go down on you/Fack you shave"
Yes, nasty, but simple and plain. It's a better line than all the others.

This song is gross, the lyrics are gross and late 90s/early 2000s Eminem is gross (even when he is serious). Like I said: It's just so fack-ing gross.

In a song from his later album Relapse, Em says this:

That's right. He says that album will, in a few years, be considered just as good as Nas' iconic debut Illmatic. I've never listened to Encore, but from hearing this song, I can say proudly, with no remorse or fear--that he is Infinitely wrong. This album and this song suck f-ass. And it will never be compared to Illmatic.

Thank you to my friend Luque for recommending this song to me may I hold my breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for the next few days. And may I say that I'll never listen to Em's music after Relapse...because why not. I want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment