Monday, August 11, 2014

#RisingStar Weekly Review: Ep 6--Wait No It Doesn't//Smells Like Lemons, Looks Like Urine (or the other way)

Well...I thought things would get better after the (almost-all-the-way) fantastic set of performances, we'd get a much better experience overall. Unfortunately, we didn't. Some of the performers were downright terrible and the song choices were not perfect. And I hoped that this show would be better for me watch after the painfully annoying and soul-crushing Teen Choice Awards, but I was really wrong. Really wrong.
Also, Spoiler Alert--Ms. Unicorn Tears tapped YES for EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE. Just lazy judging.


Joshua Peavy started off the competition performing "American Woman". I thought it was pretty amazing. I felt that he was singing the same lyrics at first as a mistake. But ince I've heard the version by Lenny Kravitz, that'll say no, there are a lot. All 3 Experts tapped "Yes". I liked the 'Do though; reminds me of someone.

(There it is! Kinda look like twins.)


Dana Williams was next up to sing "Human" by Christina Perri. She may be human, but her singing was really sub-par at best. Some parts were great, and others were very Meh. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't great, either.


April Lockhart sounded like shit singing Cyndi Lauper's immortal "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Definitely off-key. She wasn't one of the best female performers on this show, but her previous renditions were better this dreck. Brad and Luda tapped "No".


Maneepat Malloy sang "Your Song". I thought it was really good (although there were some pitch issues), but the Venison and Mr. ShuttheHellUp thought otherwise.


Next up, Audrey Kate Geiger with Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind". Wow, the voice on her. Sexy, sultry and dreamy all in one. This one was just too perfect to say it was just
"pretty good". IT WAS "VERY GREAT"! Favorite Performance of the Week for me right here.


Shameia Crawford took to the stage to perform Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper". This was Just wonderful. Her voice was always perfect but this was amazing from start to finish. Even if the song is the same with this rendition, she still makes it her own, and sounds great that way.


And finally, Rising's Resident Rocker, Jesse Kinch, with The Beatles' "Money (That What I Want)". Although I enjoyed it as much as the previous performances, I really have a feeling that this thing he's doing will continue. His choices of rock songs (while work and sound amazing), are just a strategy to ride the competition. While it works (since he can sing and rock out), it's starting to get annoying and tedious. I wish he can perform something else that's not rock n' roll. Anything else, for just one week. I guarantee he'll know it out the park, and then he'll go back to rock songs. That down-vote by Brad, while un-called-for, did make sense. He felt the same way as I did. He wanted him to sing a different genre, and I definitely agree.

Random Thoughts:
Kesha's hair looks like urine. Just saying.
That down-vote Brad made really was uncalled for. He said that the choice Jesse made for his performance was "Cliched", despite some of the other conteastants' performances were just as "cliched", if not more. So he was definitely wrong.

I'm not even doing the West Coast Votes again; not worth it.
And that's it. I don't know if I might comeback next week; we'll see. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment