Friday, August 22, 2014

#RisingStar Weekly Review: Ep. 9--The Love Semi-Ran Out


Welcome back, everyone. The Final is almost upon us. The 6 remaining contestants are singing for their lives during this week’s show, and as always, it was up to America to choose who makes it to next week’s finale. So let’s get ready as I give my opinions on all performances and hope that:
--The girls actually get better
--Jesse sings something NOT Rock
--And Joshua keeps his new hair-do
All right; let’s go!!


We start off this week with Austin, who performed “Love Runs Out” by OneRepublic. I already loved this the second he started singing. It was perfect; his vocal range was amazing, his control was on point, kept from going off key and wasn’t very pitchy. To me, his voice nearly sounds like that of frontman Ryan Tedder himself. Plus I loved when Austin walked off stage between the Experts’ chairs, which no one has ever done on this show before. He finishes at 81%.


Next up, Maneepat sings “Chandelier” by Sia. I thought she got a little better, but I still heard pitchiness here and there. And her high notes really need work. I wish I could like this, but I can’t. For every good thing involving her voice, there’s something bad involving her technical stuff. She really needs to work on that.


After that, Jesse rocked it once again. This time, it’s not as you would think he would. Case in point: JESSE SANG A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SONG! AND IT’S NOT ROCK!!! It’s Michael Jackson’s forever immortal “Billie Jean”. And he still rocks is out of the park. Although, it feels much...lower than his other performances. Maybe it's the song; I don't know. Maybe Rock really is his strongsuit. I shouldn't judge him on that. He still killed though
Doesn't matter what the WCV is; he still got through.


Dana sang Maroon 5’s “Sunday Morning”. Man, she hit this one out of the park. Her voice was absolutely amazing, and the jazz arrangement really compliments it. The sultry smooth sound really won me over. So I mane this one my Favorite Performance of the Week.


Audrey Kate was up next to perform “Killing Me Softly with His Song” by--the many people who sung it. Damn it was so good. Aud’s voice was absolutely beautiful. That sexy, sultry, smooth voice. Aaahhhh. I could just listen to this one rendition over and over again. Anyway, was so good, it couldn’t have been the one to kick her out of the competition. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to save her with 69% Fortunately, the West Coast had the brains to save her with 68%. (I’ll say why later) With that, I also name this one my Favorite Performance of the Week.


And finally, the Angel of Ballads and Calmness, Joshua, with the final performance of the season before the Finals: “What Hurts the Most” by Mark Wills. As much as I loved his voice, his performance felt like all the other renditions; just a ballad and sad, haunting voice spitting out lyrics, and, in fact, this one wasn't even that great to me. Joshua ended the performance with 72%...but didn’t make it to the finals, why? Well, let me explain.

You see, Joshua had 72% in the East Coast voting, BUT has 67% in the West Coast voting, while Aud had 68%, making a squeaker of a win for Audrey to beat him out for the open to the final. So, West Coast voting is much more important to help contestants go through, than East Coast, at least what I think.

So because of that, Josh and Maneepat leave the competition this week. I liked Maneepat but loved Joshua. And I liked his hair really much. So in rememberance, here's the picture I made last week to remember him by...
Aahhh...
There it is.
Oh yeah, I'll miss Maneepat, too.

Anyway, well...next week, IT'S FINALLY HERE. THE FINALE!! It's between Jesse, Austin, Dana and Audrey for the win and the crown of Rising Star's first (and probably only) winner!! Tune in Sunday (seriously, I have hope for a Season 2) and then Monday for the review. Don't worry, there will still be a review for the MTV Video Music Awards. See you then, folks. Bye-bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment