Friday, February 20, 2015

POST #245: Funday Friday: #7--Nick KCA Nominees Released--My Thoughs


Hi, everyone. Funday Friday time again!
Welcome to my thoughts on the 28th Annual Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. This' year's show is hosted by Nick Jonas, and will air on March 28 at 8pm. The nominees was released earlier today, and now I have them compiled and I've written my thoughts on all of them. Let's go!!

KIDS TV SHOW
Henry Danger
Every Witch Way
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn (who the heck names these shows)
Dog With a Blog
Jessie and
Austin & Ally
THREE Disney Channel shows are nominated: Dog With a Blog, Jessie and Austin & Ally, which is my favorite of the group. So it's great that Disney Channel is having a much larger presence in the list of nominees, and it's great that Nickelodeon is loosening up for once, at least in this category.
Who I Think Will Win: Any Nick show
Who I Think Should Win: Any DC Show (for once)

FAMILY TV SHOW
Gotham
Agents of SHIELD
Modern Family
Once Upon A Time
The Big Bang Theory
The Flash

First off, I don't know why Big Bang Theory is still nominated for a KCA; it's clearly not for kids--it's for adults. But it kinda makes sense that this show does get a category that isn't catered to kids. Although, it is a little shock that entire families watch a show about nerds having sex.
But this is a great category for shows like these, because families (mostly adults) do watch these shows, and enjoy them. So kudos to Nick for creating this category. It's a perfect one. And a hard one to choose a winner from.
Will Win: Big Bang or Flash
Should Win: Flash, OUAT or SHIELD

TV ACTOR
Benjamin Flores Jr.
Charlie McDermott
Grant Gustin
Jack Griffo
Jim Parsons
Ross Lynch
It's a pretty easy choice for me. Grant Gustin is doing an absolutely fantastic job as the man in the red suit, and as Barry Allen. I don't think any of the other actors are coming close here, even Parsons. Since this is the KCAs, the opposite is going to happen. I hope that doesn't happen.
Will Win: Jim Parsons, Ross Lynch or any Nick Male Star
Should Win: Grant Gustin or Ross Lynch

TV ACTRESS
Chloe Bennett
Debby Ryan
Jennifer Morrison
Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting
Kira Kosarin
Laura Marano
A hard decisiom, but not that hard. So I chose Jen Morrison from OUAT.
Will Win: Kaley or Kira
Should Win: I Don't Know--Too Close To Call

CARTOON
Adventure Time
Phineas and Ferb
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teen Titans Go!
Fairly Odd Parents
spongebob sqaurepants

Why the hell is that stupid little kitchen cleaner still nominated?!
But the even bigger question is: Why the hell is Gravity Falls not nominated? I mean...I cannot.
As for the other nominees, some are the same from last year, with Teen Titans Go! being a newbie. I don't know why I should be mad at this, but if Scumbob Shitepants is still going to win over these better shows (yeah, even Toddler Titans, too), let alone nominated, than I need a podiatrist to try and stop me from putting my foot in someone's ass.
Ironically, the one time I voted for it, it was the only time it lost (that was to The Last Airbender in 2008).
This will shock you, but I'm going to vote for SpongeBob, because if this thing can't lose, then I should submit to it. It's annoying that this still happens, but I'm used to it now to make this drastic step forward.
Will Win: GUESS
Should Win: Anything but (and Gravity Falls too; maybe even Over the Garden Wall)

BOOK
Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
Divergent series
Heroes of Olympus series
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods
The Fault In Our Stars
The Maze Runner
--The only book I've read out of all of these is Diary, so I voted for that.
Will Win: Too Close To Call (aka I don't care)
Should Win: TCTC (aka I don't care)

MOST ADDICTING GAME
Angry Birds Transformers
Candy Crush
Disney Infinity 2.0
Mario Kart 8
Minecraft
Skylanders Trap Team

--First off, it's surprising that a network known for shows with characters who act like they're addicted to something, would have a category named "Most Addicting Game" at its' awards show. At least they've noticed how interesting these nominees are, because of the many kids playing them.
Now the only game I've played in this category is Candy Crush Saga. Keyword: PLAYED. I don't play that anymore. That's it; I don't play video games that much. I'm an "Internet TV" guy.
Will Win/Should Win: See Under BOOK

REALITY SHOW
American Ninja Warrior
Cupcake Wars
Dance Moms
Masterchef Junior
Shark Tank
Wipeout

I don't know why a kid would watch Dance Moms or Shark Tank or Masterchef Junior. Those shows are on networks for adults, not kids or families. In fact I don't know why this category exists. Kids should not watch reality shows.
Will Win: Again, See Under BOOK
Should Win: Wipeout or Cupcake Wars (they're more family-type shows)

TALENT COMPETITION SHOW
America's Got Talent
America’s Next Top Model
American Idol
Dancing With The Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
The Voice

I love America's Got Talent and The Voice, and I have a big soft spot in my heart for American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, but for a better experience, I picked So You Think You Can Dance. Not because I cover it on this blog, but because I enjoy watching the show very much and the dancers on it are amazing.
Will Win: TCTC
Should Win: SYTYCD, The Voice or AGT

MOVIE
FAVORITE
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
Maleficent
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers: Age Of Extinction

It was a pretty obvious choice for me. I chose Guardians. This film ROCKS HARD!!!
Will Win: Guardians or Hunger Games: Mockingjay P1
Should Win: Guardians

ACTOR
Ben Stiller
Hugh Jackman
Jamie Foxx
Mark Wahlburg
Steve Carrell
Will Arnett
--All of these guys are good, but I wasn't sure who to choose.
Will win/Should Win: See BOOK

ACTRESS
Angelina Jolie
Cameron Diaz
Elle Fanning
Emma Stone
Jennifer Garner
Megan Fox
--Same with ACTOR
Will Win/Should Win: See MALE ACTOR (and BOOK)

MALE ACTION
##Channing Tatum
##Chris Evans
##Chris Pratt
##Hugh Jackman
##Liam Hemsworth
Will Win/Should Win: Chris Pratt (cause he's awesome [and played Andy Dywer])

FEMALE ACTION
##Ellen Page
##Evangeline Lilly
##Halle Berry
##Jennifer Lawrence
##Scarlett Johansson
##Zoe Saldana
Will Win: J-Law (cause she'll win anything)
Should Win: Zoe Saldana (cause she's just as awesome)

ANIMATED MOVIE
Big Hero 6
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Penguins of Madagascar
Rio 2
The Lego Movie
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

What the hell? For one thing: the damn movie came out two weeks ago; but it was obvious no matter how long it was released in theatres, it will get a KCA nom. It was destined to go down like this. It's Nickelodeon; IT WILL PUT ANYTHING IT OWNS IN ANY CATEGORY AS A NOMINEE. And the Second SpongeBob Movie is such. I wouldn't (and will not) be surprised if when it wins at the show. I really want to see it, though.

MUSIC
For all of the music categories, who in the producing staff thought these "artists" or some of the songs are appropriate for kids? But hey, kids'll listen to anything mindless, annoying and morally-incorrect these days. I'm not saying they have to bad, but these songs shouldn't be consumed by the ears of a child.

FAVORITE MUSIC GROUP
Coldplay
Fall Out Boy
Imagine Dragons
Maroon 5
One Direction
One Republic
Will Win/Should Win: One Direction

MALE SINGER
Blake Shelton
Bruno Mars
Justin Timberlake
Nick Jonas
Pharrell Williams
Sam Smith
Will Win: One Direction (because duh) or Nick Jonas (because he's the host)
Should Win: One Direction

FEMALE SINGER
Ariana Grande
Beyoncé
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Selena Gomez
Taylor Swift
Why are Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj nominated? Oh right, because kids love "Anaconda" and "Partition" and "7/11" and "Super Bass". Sure.
Seriously Nick, why? Forget Katy Perry, though; her sexuality is kid-friendly enough.
Will Win: Selena Gomez (she's already won before)
Should Win: TCTC

SONG OF THE YEAR
"All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
"Bang Bang" by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
"Dark Horse" by Katy Perry
"Fancy" by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX
"Problem" by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea
"Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift
I mean really? These songs are totally inappropriate for kids. What parent would let their parent listen to these songs outside of "Shake It Off" and maybe "All About That Bass".
Will Win: "Shake It Off" or "All About That Bass"
Should Win: "Shake It Off"

FAVORITE NEW ARTIST
5 Seconds of Summer
Echosmith
Fifth Harmony
Iggy Azalea
Jessie J
Meghan Trainor
Jessie J is NOT a new artist! She came out in 2010. And really?? Iggy Azalea. IK mean, come on, Nick!! Be aware of who gets nominated.

Well, that's all the nominees, along with my thoughts on all of them. Thank you for joining me on this post on the nominees of the Kids' Choice Awards. Tune in to the show, hosted this year by Nick Jonas, on March 28 at 8pm on Nickelodeon. I'll have my review sometime after that.
See you later!!


No comments:

Post a Comment