Friday, February 27, 2015

Funday Friday: #8--Un-Silence of the LLambs

Happy Funday Friday, everyone. Well...
This took the nation by storm is just a few hours. And it puzzles me.
Two llamas running across a neighborhood. And that's it.
They escaped an enclosure in the Phoenix suburb of Sun City, AZ, and ran across the surrounding neighborhood. The two were chased by authorities for more than 30 minutes until they were tied in by lasso, captured, and sent back to their enclosure.

Here's video from local station KPNX--12 News
and from freakin' CBS News!
Everyone across social media just saw this, and then made it trend HARD. Including memes...
and parodies.
This lasted almost all of yesterday. I just so happened to check it out on Twitter just minutes after the out-of-nowhere event happened, causing me to scratch my head in befuddlement, and make a bunch of faces in exasperation. Like this.
and this
and this
aaannd this
Well, I didn't find it bad. I found this as funny as everyone else, and in a way, really cute. I used to find a big appreciation for llamas while watching Jimmy Neutron and The Emperor's New Groove, but now, I makes me want to buy a llama and raise it as a pet. And maybe even as my personal transportation. Nah, that would be crazy. This story has become a big talked-about story for most of yesterday, and seemed to be only the end of an odd week of goofy trends. That is until...this happened.
Oh dear God, the horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment