Friday, August 14, 2015

Funday Friday: #46 -- Mothers in Alliance: Helping Out for Their Bundles of Joy

Hey, everyone--It's Funday Friday time!
But this is a more heartwarming edition this time around.
We start off with this lovely bittersweet reminder that sisterly affection is still going strong. In this case, it's going strong in the way of pregnancy via surrogate.

This is Allison Ardolino-Dinkelacker and her twin sister Dawn.
In 2009, Allison was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer while she was 30 weeks into her pregnancy. She was able to gave birth to a healthy boy 31 weeks in via C-section (thank goodness), but she later found out she wouldn't have any more children after this. To help complete her family, Dawn offered to carry her next bundle of joy instead.

This a lovely story.
It's sad to see someone suffer from cancer, but it's beautiful to see family coming together to help out on of their own in time of need. In this case, it's being a surrogate for your twin while she has cancer. That's commitment and

We continue on this question:
Who knew this week's Funday is spent with funbags?
Here's the picture that's driving everyone wild.

The story behind it is driving them even wilder.

25-year-old Charlie Interrante wanted her son, 18-month-old Mateo, to be breast-fed, but she couldn’t do it herself. Because of her job as a barber, she doesn't have the time to pump the milk to save. And Mateo reacts to the taste and ingredients of formula. So in a desperate time of need, her friend Jessica Colletti suggested this solution: she'll nurse Mateo, while she also nurses her own son, 16-month-old Lucian. To which Charlie agrees.


This story's wave of "controversy" originated with this post on Facebook.

Mama Jessica says:"My son on the right is 16 months and my friend's son is 18 months. I watch her son while she works...

Posted by Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment on Saturday, August 8, 2015
While it has seen some praise by some,
"My friend and I had babies about the same time. She got sick and could not breast feed her baby for a while. I fed both hers and mine and it was a gift to both my friend and her baby. I still feel good about it 44 years later\"
"Wet nurse. As long as her friend is ok with it, then it's perfectly fine. Just like having twins.... I bet she is using mad calories nursing two!!! Honestly, not any different than donating. In fact, both are getting better benefits of the milk because it's not frozen or altered in any way. 100% fresh."
"Way to go momma! What a selfless Gift! Just amazing. #normalizebreastfeeding"
others have...some different reactions.
"Dude...don't breastfeed someone else's child. That's just wrong."
"No sitter has the right to start that...I would have sued her..my eldest had an allergy against mothers milk,something like that could have killed him...My kids should be bonding with mother only,,,,sorry but that's how I feel and from a nursing standpoint it's cross contamination." (wow.)
"What I would hate for someone else to feed my son so wrong in so many way but that's just my opinion each to there own I guess"

"To each his own" is right.
In my opinion, I don't find anything wrong with this. I really don't.
Sure, it's not my baby, and I don't have a child, but (in a point of reference) if my wife or girlfriend couldn't lactate for our child, or our child doesn't want to feed off of her, and our friend is up to the challenge, I'd take up to it. Breastmilk is breastmilk, and breastfeeding is natural. Doesn't matter if which breast it comes out of, as long as the woman with them is okay with the feeding and as long as the baby will still.

And that's it. That's all I have to say here for this story. I find nothing wrong here, and I find the ladies' actions for their sons a good and lasting thing for their lives. It's a good thing to me.
Good job, ladies. Although the photo is questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment