Friday, June 14, 2013

PlayStation 4; My Weak Gamer-Boy Review

Hello Gamers of the World!!

Today I'm going to talk about the PlayStation 4. You've seen what Microsoft released with the Xbox One and my review, so now today's the day I will give my thoughts oon the latest offering from Sony. Now in February, Sony revealed what will be in store for the PS4's release, including a


Now to the design. When first revealed, it was to large burst of applause at E3. But when first revealed to me, it was to a metaphorical question mark over my head and a confused look on my face. This looks a bit like the Xbox One, I thought. It even looks like the Playtation Plus its a little smaller than the Xbox One. Hell, it's even small than the PS3; if not the same size. And the new DualShock 4 looks like any other DualShock controller...except for the the wide flat thing in the middle. It makes one wonder if all the stuff under the hood can fit inside.

When the price of $399 was revealed, I thought it was to troll with Microsoft, which its XBO costs $100 more at $499. And then, the reveal that the PS4 can play used games. Again, I thought it was to troll Microsoft, but then I thought "That's not a bad idea." Because the Xbox One will limit used gaming to just one time for a friend or stranger or someone who actually bought a Xbox One in the first place is really a hassle and unfair to all gamers, Sony will give them a saving grace Basically half of everything every male on stage said is a slam on Microsoft and Xbox, but you can't blame them; they do have some good points. Including the used games thing, not signing into your PS4 every 24 hours, that it can record a cool moment of a game you're playing, downloading stuff while power is off, ect.

And when I read comments saying how the PS4 is going to blow the XBO out of the water (and that's putting it super mildly), I made my own comment on Deadline Hollywood (clearly not a website about games) that no matter what, it's still expensive, isn't worth a buying war with the XBO and that Sony's getting its superficial hopes up. But after reading the spec and features of this new console, I think that the Xbox One needs to watch its back come this holiday season. Because it has a target in its back.

Well, tell me what you think on Twitter (@MaroonMondays) and on the comments section. Is it better thank the Xbox One? Or is the Xbox One going to kill it cone the Holidays? Tell me.

And I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment