Friday, June 14, 2013

DirecTV Makes Victim of CO House Fire Pay Up

Hi everyone. And yes, you read right. DirecTV is in some bad PR today.

Get this: Jeremy Beach and his family lost their house and everything in it after a terrible fire in Colorado Spring last week. Fortunately, Beach, his wife, 5-year-old son, and their two dogs made it out of the fire in time. Unfortunately they left a rabbit (?) and two chickens (??) inside with the rest of the possessions. After that he made calls to various services asking to cancel their services because of the fire. And then he calls DirecTV to cancel his account when the telemarketer on the other line said--get this--that he still owes the company $400. The tab was for a satellite dish and two receivers that were destroyed in the fire. "I can't believe it", he said in an interview. "I had lost everything and they acted like they could care less." “I tried to explain that a couple hundred dollars is nothing to them but a lot to me,” he said. “I need that money. I can use it to buy diapers, clothes for my family.” Well, the family hopes the insurance from the fire will help pay for the bill.

Really DirecTV? REALLY?? This family lost everything in a fire that would've been caused by a dumbass or crazy kid with a match (which would be their fault on its own) and you have someone tell them they still owe you money. Let me tell you: the stuff they owe BURNED WITH EVERYTHING ELSE IN THEIR HOME! There is no way they could pay for it because they're busy collecting insurance from the house. It's not going to take an apology to stop the increasing pain they're going through...or the embarrassment you're going through right now. Apparently, a fire means as much to you as you ask another customer for HBO: You only give a damn when they say No. And this isn't the first time you ended up as the bad guy in situations like this. In June 2012, during the Waldo Canyon fire, when 347 homes in Mountain Shadows were destroyed, DirecTV still charged customers. I didn't know much about that, but I hope, if they had any, DirecTV deserved the backlash.

As for the family, I hope they have enough money from insurance to get a new home (yes even with furniture) and that they get a new start. I'm really sorry they lost their pets, items and valuable. And DirecTV, I'm sorry you didn't get an F from the Better Business Bureau...for sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment