Saturday, June 29, 2013

Paula Deen Breaks America's Buttered-up Heart for Racial Slur Use

Hi everyone.
Earlier this month, Paula Deen gotten into hot water when she revealed in a taped interview that she used the N-word a few times before in her life. Since then, many sponsors have dropped deals with her, including K-mart, Walmart, Target, Sears, and the Home Depot. Her shows were dropped was dropped by the Food Network and she was also dropped by Random House as publisher for her latest cookbook. Since then, her life is in terrible ruins.

This is just really sad here, both literally and figuratively. This woman has had a huge empire that she built for decades, only to see it implode in a week. Her many sponsors leaving her for saying the N-word, of all things, in a taped interview, have become pussies in response. She later went to Today where, in an interview with the always curmudgeonly classy Matt Lauer, she wanted to apologize for this for the tenthteen time and wants to past in the past and begin anew. She even said "I is what I is". I actually understood what she said, being from the South, even though this sentence is a stupid punchline for a really stupid joke; this was probably said on Inside Edition to screw her even further, but I don't know.

This ridiculous behavior towards her needs to stop. We black people used the word as a greeting to each other with no problems for decades. But when a white person says it, we all are up in arms; but this makes us hypocrites. Yes even I feel bad when a white person says it, but don't call the NAACP for it. Paula Deen admitted she used the word once at a robbery at gunpoint. Why are we still bitching about it? And why is she losing sponsorship for it? She didn't do anything worse like killing someone, or raping a child, committing a major conspiracy involving some of the nation's top secrets! Yes she said the N-word, but for me, that's considered a gasp and a talking-to in the my neighborhood. It's 2013, for God's sakes. We should be taking this in a little shock, then in stride, and then move on. This has been going on for more than two weeks and is getting stupider by the day.

Target, Walmart, Home Depot, and whatever else Ms. Deen has as a sponsor, you did a stupid thing dropping her. There are actors, athletes, authors, ect. who do even worse things than that, and they still get sponsorships, at least for a few more weeks. To think that saying the N-word is equivalent to killing a child, you're are sad pathetic excuses of human beings. What you've done will probably make you lose customers who all the way support Deen (women, people with a brain, Republicans, I don't know), including me; although I admit, I usually go with my mom to those stores. But if you don't re-sponsor Paula, I will never shop there again, which is rare, as I don't do that already. I only go for the air conditioning. And Food Network, you lost a viewer in me, and I only watch your shows because watching people make food entertains me.

Ms. Deen, you have my utmost respect as a black person. This bullcrap is downright dumb and I hope, for your sake and the sake of all that's smart and sane, that this "We Cut Paula Deen Because She Said the Word Nigger" crap ends soon. I may need a new shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment