Monday, August 12, 2013

SLMR: Applause

That's right folks. Another Short/Long Music Review.

You know Lady Gaga, right? Pop star more known for her creepy outrageous fashion choices than her music? Perfect, so everyone? Okay so Lady Gage has been out of the music world since Born This Way and out of the public eye since the day she broke her hip and leg, barring her from wearing yet another god-awful trainwre--I mean avante-garde creation. Whether you love it or hate, you gotta give credit to Gaga for being such a creative genius.

And during that time, she has been in the studio working on more new music and, with her creative team Haus of Gaga, began developing an unprecedented new application involving a new album Artpop and videos for each song on the album, bonus music, games, chats, fashion updates and much more. If it sounds exciting, then tell that to the people who don't care (including me). Because right now, I'm more focused on her latest single "Applause".


This single would've been released on August 19, with her performing it live at the MTV Video Music Awards on the 25th. But thanks to some people who somehow found snippets of it and leaked them to the Internet, that won't happen. (Genius Idiots) So now Ms. Gaga and her record company Interscope had to release "Applause" TODAY. So I (along with everyone else) just had to hear it...and make a Short Long Music Review about in the process.

So here it is: I love the beat (It sounds something like I Gotta New Attitude and Let's Get Physical), I love the lyrics ("I overheard your theory/'Nostalgia's for geeks'" is hilarious), and I really love the chorus ("Put your hands up/Make 'em touch" has never left my mind)...but I'm not completely in love with Ms. Gaga's vocals. She sounds like she's singing in Broadway. (Not a bad thing, but iffy to me.) It sounds scratchy, odd, and surprising every time I heard it. I don't know if that it's the point or not, but yeah.



Please don't get me wrong; I love Lady Gaga, and I love all her singles. But to me, this is the first time I haven't all the way loved one of her song right out of the gate. I'm just as surprised as you are. I think that'll change every time I keep hearing it. There is now music video yet; that will be released next week. For now, we have to picture what that vid might be, because Lady Gaga has always kept us wondering, guessing and shocked, especially shocked. For now great single, Lady Gaga. I can't wait for you to perform it at the VMA's. This single is going to be a hit and will be the song of the fall, because we already have a song of the summer.

And there it is: one song that will begin a huge revolution the the era of the Little Monsters. May their mother be proud. I didn't have to review it, but I did. Stay tuned tomorrow when I review Katy Perry's new single "ROAR". Until next time, I'm Andrew saying "Give me an Applause".

No comments:

Post a Comment