Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Yahoo! Changes its Logo: Why?

After 15 years of using the the same logo without updating it (besides a change of color),
Yahoo! has announced a never-before major campaign. A campaign to show a lot of different logos for the month of August and reveal the best on September 5. It sounds good, but here's the catch.

For the next 30 days, Yahoo! will reveal a different logo every day until September 5 and then will reveal the completely diffent one on September 5th.
All I want to ask is: WHY? Yahoo! already has a great logo. It's been in use for 15+ years and it's never been a bad one to anyone, including me. I like the Idea of making 30-so different logos and asking the public which one is the best. But I don't like the idea of rolling them out one per day. I find better to just roll them all out at once. It makes me wonder what "Genius" mind at Yahoo! HQ made the campaign, not thinking that people will want to protest this campaign because of some suckish logos like this
and this
and this.
(You know what? I kinda like that one. Reminds me of Martin.)

Anyway Yahoo!, I hope whatever logo you have planned for September 5th is a great one...or a really good one. Or a completely different one that surprises us, that it has put this campaign to good use. Otherwise, I will hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment