Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Short/Long Song Review: I Don't F*ck with You

Hi everyone.
Welcome to Short/Long Music Review--I'm sorry, Short/Long Song Review. Yep, I have changed the name. While songs are a part of music generally, I've reviewed mostly songs here. Also, I've began to sparingly review albums. So I decided to change the name to reflect that. Hope you guys can understand that. Thank you.
And now, on with the review.


So, Big Sean's got some problems with a girl he broke up with, and he decides not to be around her again. Except he doesn't. stop. talking. about her. Let's hear Big Sean give his reasons for why he doesn't want to fuck with some girl he's...still fucking with, with "I Don't Fuck with You" featuring E-40.

It's better to use the lyric video to listen, because the music video is just barely-useful short film that cuts off the music in parts.


"I don't fuck with you
You little stupid ass bitch, I ain't fuckin' with you
"
-So apparently, Big Sean does not like this girl any. In case you haven't noticed...
You little, You little--
"You little" what? Come on, you got the words in your adult-sized head. What is it?
--dumb ass bitch, I ain't fuckin' with you!"
--Was that so hard?
"I got a million trillion things I'd rather fuckin' do
--Okay, then do them.
Than to be fuckin' with you
--Then why are you still talking about her?
Sounds like a 12-year-old whining about how he doesn't like this girl.
Little stupid ass--I don't give a fuck, I don't give a fuck, I don't, I don't, I don't give a fuck
No, scratch that; more like 7-year-old whining.
Bitch I don't give a fuck about you or anything that you do
Don't give a fuck about you or anything that you do

--Then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT HER?!?!

"I heard you got a new man, I see you takin' a pic
Then you post it up, thinkin' that it's makin' me sick
BLOOP BLOOP!
I see you calling, I be makin' it quick
Imma answer that shit like: "I don't fuck with you!"
"
--Good; you don't care!! Now, leave it alone and move on.
"Bitch I got no feelings to go"

"I swear I had it up to here, I got no ceilings to go
I mean for real, fuck how you feel/
Fuck your two cents if it ain't goin' towards the bill, yeah
"
-Yes, he doesn't give a shit about her. And yet, this is after he breaks up with her.
"And everyday, I wake up celebratin' shit (why?)?
Cause I just dodged a bullet from a crazy bitch
"
--And yet it sounds like she's the one dodging it and you're the crazy bitch
"I stuck to my guns, that's what made me rich"
That's what put me on, that's what got me here, That's what made me this
"
No, making shit music that Kanye West finds good is what got you here, and what made you rich.
"And everything that I do is my first name"
--Yeah, I don't think "All I Do is Sean" makes sense.
"These hoes chase bread, aw damn, she got a bird brain"
And you must be the bird-feeder, right?
"And you know I'm rollin' weed that's fuckin' up the ozone/I got a bitch that text me, she ain't got no clothes on"
--And you're wondering why she's a crazy bitch

"And then another one text, then your ass next
And I'm gonna text your ass back like
"
"U cute, but u wit anotha man" Nope, not really, it's this.
"I don't fuck with you!"
-So, from just the first verse, as the lyrics entail, instead of quickly moving on and dating another girl, decides to stalk his ex's every move, and look at everything she's doing as if he thinks she's doing them to him.

While he sees it like this:

I see it like this:

It would make a lot more sense to say why you don't fuck with her like she doesn't like your living arrangement, your choice in music, your favorite foods, hell, she probably doesn't like the sex positions you use/ If you said any of those, instead of her having "a bird brain", then you would've gotten something there. But no, we get this shit.
Some have believed this song is a Take That at ex-girlfriend, Naya Rivera of Glee fame. I don't see it however. Sean says in an interview that this is an Anthem for guys who have ex-girlfriends who keep throwing themselves at the guys like leeches. That would make sense if the lyrics don't sound like the men just won't let their girl go and continues to be in their ex's life until she blocks him, he follows her, and she sics her new man on him. And then he's over it. But either way, this song is fucking stupid. The lyrics are pretentious and haphazard, to the point where it feels like a parody, because of the lyrics and Sean's performance, but sounds too legit to be so.

And E-40's lyrics are the same old shit.
"Got a million things on my mind
Executive deals online, limited amount of time
Chasin' these dollar signs and you ain't on your grind
"
Money, money, and more money.
--
"From the Bay to the Murder Mitten, my niggas put murder missions
She choose him, that's her decision, free my niggas in prison
On the phone with a bitch who can't do shit
For a pimp but make a nigga hella rich
"
Free (insert name of guy in prison who committed a crime good enough to keep him there, and doesn't deserve to leave)
--
"Barely Harley, I'm chromeless, you might end up domeless
I bet you she into me, her cheddar, she givin' me
I make a bitch stand outside forever like the Statue of Liberty
"
Guns, hoes and money: a winning combo.
--
"Why you always coming around with bad news? (bad news)
Say you want me to win, but hope I lose (hope I lose)
Ass never rock with other niggas in the crew
But them niggas cool, it's just that
"

See? Same old shit.
Sure, I'm a guy that's completely out of many girls' leagues, and I would never be a part of any crew that these guys claim to be in, but I'm not a guy who does these things. If I break up with a girl, I usually end up sad and depressed, barely able enough to get out of the house, and eat ice cream and binge-watch Friends until everyone notices something's wrong. And in my case, that'll take a while. But this is what black men usually do in the case of a relationship; putting pride above the girl, and then looking like a creepo with the front of being a G, and moving on. As you found out at this point, that's not true. At all.


The last verse sort-of redeems it, with Sean saying he has a new girlfriend in his life and he's grateful for it, and that things couldn't get better, with the part about how people break up a lot these days being pretty good and true as well. (I'll give him credit for that) But he ruins it by bringing up the previous girl for the tenth time

and ends the song on that note.

This song is bad. Really fucking bad.
Big Sean, I don't fuck with you. Same to E-40.

See you next time!! Until then, I need to be careful around girls. More than girls need to be more careful around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment