Tuesday, May 26, 2015

EDREWtorial: 19 Charges &Counting: Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal (#MaroonMay)


The Duggar family is in one Hell of a scandal.
Josh Duggar, the eldest son of Jim Bob & Michelle, has revealed that when he was a teenager, he committed sexual assault on several female minors. In this report by the Springdale Police Department, it reveals that Duggar fondled most of the females in their sleep. Also in the report, an anonymous caller revealed to the Arkansas State Police child abuse hotline in December 2006 that several minor members of the Duggar family were “fondled” by another minor, who was indeed Josh.

The oldest Duggar son later apologized in a statement on the family's official Facebook page. Here's an excerpt from Josh himself (I guess, I'm kinda sure the post was written in one sitting):
Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life. I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God’s grace, mercy and redemption.
Several steps, my ass. It's clear the several steps they have done is shut him up, kept him quiet, ignored his words and felt embarrassed, now realizing that their Christian values and clean image are now withering away thanks to their son's admission, making them look like hypocrites.

Many people would chime in with their responses, including former talk show host Montel Williams (Remember him? He was really good.) who blasted Duggar on Twiter with these tweets (one of which is a verse from the Bible).




Actor Ryan Reynolds also ripped Duggar apart with this tweet

linking an article on Avocate.com featuring LGBT advocate Dan Savage.
"http://www.advocate.com/politics/2015/05/23/dan-savage-calls-out-duggars-staggering-family-values-hypocrisy#.VWIfSKXz0ME.facebook"
Here's video from the article of Savage's appearance on MSNBC's All In with Chris Hayes:



This...is just disgusting and insane.
Molestation is disgusting. Especially if it's of people living in your own house--family or otherwise. And for the parents to cover it up like a a year after the fact, it is just horrible, and a complete stark contrast on their good Christian values. If a member of my family molested someone else (whether another family member, a friend, godchild, whatever) (God forbid) and we learned about it later, my parent would've called the cops in a heartbeat, and that creep would go to jail for a long time, and we would never consider them family again.
And throw in the fact police didn't do shit to go forward with a case just proves that Southern white people and wasting away crimes involving one another go together Bible-toting hand in belt-grabbing hand. They destroyed the evidence and acted as if it never happened, which is why police can't be trusted sometimes.

What is also disgusting is that people are defending the family; Josh for the alleged crimes, and the parents for the cover-up. They believe that deep down, despite the ungodly thing Josh did and things his parents did to protect him and themselves from it, they're still a model family with wonderful values and deserve to be treated with decency and respect, with everyone else accepting their forgiveness for their selfish actions. Who the hell do you people think you are?! What is it about them that you find so great, that you would defend them for this type of thing?
I'm all for forgiveness and I believe in God, but at the end of the day, someone committed something heinous, and you shouldn't even think about trying to stand by that someone for this. Defending them in public makes you look sick. You think I should forgive them? Hell, no! They didn't do anything to me! And I don't fucking care what they're trying to do to settle everything! So why should I forgive them for something they did to people in their own family or extended circle?? They should ask them for forgiveness. He ruined their childhoods by sexually assaulting them, and now that these allegations (which shouldn't be called that by now because of the confirmations) have come to light, you want us to ask for repentance for our disgust and shame. The only people who should repent are you for being embarrassingly ignorant. Same with the Duggars for their actions. They wanted the public spotlight? Now they must pay the price.

And there is irony and hypocrisy going on here.
This guy, a founder and member of the Family Research Council, a non-profit dedicated to protecting family values and condemning the LGBT community, and is himself supposedly a crusader of family values and is obviously homophobic is doing something no family would ever do. That is sad as I don't know what.

What makes this so banal as well, is the thought that they may have committed this cover-up to protect their Christian family empire and their reality show 19 Kids &Counting, hoping that this will go away and still become one of the most popular stars on a TLC show. I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. And I can't; and it's best to say that it's a good thing.

Putting your reality show over your own children and their well-being is a revolting thing. But I bet you already know that.

At least the execs at TLC have enough brains to realize, as it was announced last week that it has cancelled 19 Kids effective immediately, and ending our close contact with the family with the wholesome Christian values and long line of children big enough to make their own colony, and all that bullcrap. In my honest opinion, I've only watched a few episodes of this show, and I think, while they're not a bad family, the 19 kids thing they have going on is obnoxious, strange and sad. I only see their large breed of children as a means of attention, and now that they got a TLC series (along with specials on it and the now-defunct Discovery Health Channel and their frequent appearances on The Today Show) because of this, it was clear from the start that TLC wanted to give them a show because of the living, breathing results of their possibly huge and burning sex life (Hey, if it worked for Jon & Kate Gosselin, it can work for anybody ;-)). I really couldn't care less if I tried for these people, and now that this scandal has come to light, I'm glad I didn't.
This was a good decision. It was clear that TLC cancelled 19 Kids to save their ass, and I fully don't blame them. Like me wanting nothing to do with them at all, they wanted nothing to do with the Duggars anymore, because of the horrible allegations and police reports, and the nonsense that came from them, and I applaud them for it. I haven't watched TLC in years (and it's clear I won't it at all after this), but I would if they stopped the reality bullshit that clogging up the schedule, and keep on some decent programs and the programs that made it famous and beloved in the 90s and early 2000s (probably until the end of the "Life Unscripted" era).

And if that doesn't get any more nonsensical from here, someone from another TLC show that got cancelled because of a shocking molestation scandal decided to insert herself into this situation. Mama June Shannon from Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo decided upon herself to discuss her opinion on the scandal, by just bitching and moaning on about how TLC cancelled her show, believing they treated the Shannon family like crap while the Duggars were their favorite family, that they deserve her wrath for it, and wants Honey Boo-Boo revived. Here are some tweets I found in this article on UsMagazine.com:


Here's the thing I learned from this. It seems that Mama June has put a reality show over her own children and their well-being, and wants to sue TLC for keeping 19 Kids on while keeping Honey Boo-Boo off, without realizing that she's the reason all this shit happened in the first place! My God...
When will this fat, stupid bitch realize that no one cares about her or what she has to say anymore, and that everything that comes out of her mouth will make her look even more stupid and desperate for attention? Nothing she'll say now will not change the realization that a fuckin' convicted sex offender fucking molested her oldest daughter!! FUCK!

June, is your complete redneck-y hillbilly-ish Cleveland Steamer shitfest of a show this important to you? Are you that desperate to protest TLC's decision to cut it off? So much so, that you're willing to insert yourself into a horrible scandal involving another TLC family rocked by molestation allegations and charges, with the parents being accused of being trapped in their happy little world and not doing enough to bring the captor to justice? Are you at least well-aware that your ex-con ex-boyfriend fucking molested your eldest child?!?! Because as far as I can tell, you need a trip to an asylum if you even believe that a reality show featuring your daughter farting around, eating food that could give her 3 diabetes shocks a day and spouting gibberish of her beloved time on Toddlers & Tiaras and you doing the same damn things is much better than the safety, love, sanity and well-being of your entire family (well, except for Alana; you care for her as she has the million-dollar face and the billion-dollar incompetence).
June, you have no right to talk in this situation. This is not about you. You are a fucking hypocrite. Sit your gargantuan ass down. You mean nothing to us now.
I'll just quote the evil, great Frank Underwood:

"Nobody can hear you.
Nobody cares about you.
Nothing will come of this".

You know what I don't care. Child services needs to take your children away from you, as you are a walking death threat and dunce to your family.

Josh Duggar, what you've done was more than wrong. It was reprehensible, vile, sickening and illogical. 14-years-old, 29-years-old, 59-years-old, whatever! No matter what age you are, You knew inappropriately fondling children is wrong, and yet you did it anyway. You should've gone to jail for long time. Your reality show deserves to be cancelled, and if TLC ever does the brainless decision to revive it, you should keep yourself away from the cameras. God does forgive, but if molestation was a sin, and God didn't forgive you, your ass would've burned in Hell the second you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment