Saturday, May 23, 2015

S/LSR: No Type & Throw Sum Mo (#MaroonMay)


Welcome to Short/Long Music Review.
Today I'm reviewing two songs by Rae Sremmurd. They're a rap duo. That's all you need to know. Both of these songs may be complete utter shit, but that would be an insult to complete utter shit. If you're noticing how short this is, it's because I wanted to get through this as quick as I could so I get on with my life.
So let's get this over with.

Up first, here is “No Type”.


Let’s start with the chorus, which is filled with unintentional self-made contradictions that they’re happy some people (except me ).
“I ain’t got No Type...(nah).../Bad bitches is the only thing I like”
--That actually means you DO have a type, you idiot.
“You ain’t got no life”
This line pisses me off HARD. These guys are a rap duo putting out wack-ass music, with shitty writing and boring-ass, autopilot beats with the same tired concept of “partying, fucking, and blowing off money like water”. That pretty much tells that they don’t have much of a better life than anyone else. Hell, if they told this to someone like a teacher or doctor or police officer or construction worker, they’d get screwed off immediately; at least these people have honorable lives with meaningful jobs and great benefits. This may have money, but it's just nothing emotionally. Anyone doing this over and over in their lives will get bored and do other things to try to get back on track.
Also, this not only painfully contradicts “No Flex Zone”, the song in which they claim to not be like the dickheads who show off to get chicks, when it’s super obvious that’s not true, but also contradicts ITSELF. The first line is immediately unequal to the second line! That’s how dumb this song is!

It’s sad enough that the chorus of a song is contradicted by the lyrics of the same damn song, but how stupid can you get to write two fucking lyrics that don’t connect the same goddamn message!?! Did you even proofread them. I sometimes don't proofread my own posts but I at least have understandable content to write.

OOOHH, you buy stuff, you go to parties, you bang chicks. Again, that’s not much of a life for you, especially if you’re bragging.

So, of course this song is shit. Stupid, boring, nonsensical shit. Just like their later single “Throw Sum Mo’” featuring Nicki Minaj and Young Thug.
You would think it’s actually about helping the community by picking up trash from parks and fixing up driving signs, but no...it’s exactly what you think.



“Ass fat, yeah I know
You just got cash, blow some mo'
Blow sum mo', blow sum mo'
The more you spend it, the faster it go”
--Nope. No comment. Other than “it’s obvious”

Let’s see what one of the the members (I don't care which or the name) has to say that's not a grand statement on the current state of Earth or the cycle of Animal wildlife...or peaches.
"Hi, bye hater, I flood the club with paper
Shorty got an ass some for now and some for later, (delicious)
"
--Thank goodness I don’t eat Now-and-Laters anymore, because that’s fucking gross.
“Somethin’ like Nicki’s, dancin’ like Maliah
How I'm throwing all this money, I’ma fuck around and buy her”
Haha. Because it’s cool for young men to BUY women as personal strippers. I’m sorry, I just find it creepy. Could you blame me? Oh and, if President Obama heard this, I bet he would've sent the Secret Service to find and break him off.
After this, I'm not gonna try to finish his verse.

Let's see what the other one has to
“Is that your hoe, if so, I’ma get her before the nights over”
--Sigh.
“DJ playin' my shit so I'm finna crank up off in the VIP zone”
--Ahh. There’s nothing more narcissistic than mentioning yourself or your music in your songs. Tells how grossly different rap has become now. Also, doesn’t anyone say “gonna” anymore?

I’m gonna stop here because after another round of the chorus is a lyric by Young Thug. Yeah, I’m not wasting my time with that dogshit. And his lyrics too.

Okay. So...this song is so corny and bland, it’s too hard to think up even a decent joke for it. It just feels like a stripper song that even Juicy J could decline. At least he has a certain personality to them. And you know’s Juicy J’s motto: “Stippers blowing cash are my thang”--at least I think it is, because his face is usually shoved up a stripper’s ass every other night, that it might actually be “She perfect, let me throw some, and she’ll be mine for night”. And you know you’ve got a problem when Nicki Minaj’s chorus is the best part. Even if all it is is the same shit as everything else.

And that’s it. Rae Sremmurd is a shit rap duo, and all of their songs are mindless, contradicting excuses of audio. I could see why they became a big hit in rap: anyone in the demo will fall in love with anything they hear on the radio and consider it “their jam” or “their shit” or whatever lingo they call it at the minute. But what I don’t see is how songs like this end up hits. It’s like the record execs got tired of actually putting effort into songs and just find a beat that's not used (or finished) at the moment and write whatever lyrics are there at the moment. And not that rap and hip-hop is based on that mentality, I'm so fucking glad I don't wast my time around this cat vomit anymore. And since these guys (famous for a line in which they take their small amount of money into buying a fucking island) will be here for a long time, I have a great reason why.
I don’t see Rae Sremmurd lasting as a hip-hop duo any longer and when the day that it comes, I will be more happier than I was when the Phillies won the 2008 World Series.
See you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment