Friday, May 08, 2015

300th POST OF ALL TIME: FunMay Friday: #22A--Price is Right, Prize is Wrong! Part 2--Danielle on Kimmel (#MaroonMay)

Welcome to another FunMay Friday, everybody. And it's gonna be a fun summer for the Price is Right's paraplegic contestant known for winning something she can't use her legs on.
Danielle Perez, currently known for--well, you know, I'm not typing this down again--appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to discuss her time on the iconic game show. I won't leave any spoilers (also because I know some people are annoyed by my long-winded typing style), so here is the full interview:


Before I get to the good parts to end this edition on a happy, good-feeling note, I hate the title--"Woman in a Wheelchair Recalls Winning A Treadmill on The Price is Right". She has a name you know that? and even if some people don't recognize her by it (and I don't know how, you can get her name on every article on it), you can still know who she is by looking at her without the "Woman in the Wheelchair".

I do have a feeling that after this, this won't be the last we'll see of her. She might end up doing more interviews on more talk shows, saying the same things, and keep on being reminded of that thing she now has to keep forever. I also bet so many people will also show her heaping amounts of pity and give her things like trips, TV appearances, paid-for comedy shows and others. I'm not saying she shouldn't get these things (because she really should), but that would get really annoying.
But I'm glad she's a comedian and kept her wonderful sense of humor in the situation. She's funny, bubbly and a delight.

I really enjoyed the interview. She was funny, bubbly and engaging. All of her answers were funny and heartwarming, and she wasn't mopey or morose, like other people would in situations like this in the past few years. Good luck to her going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment