Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Maroon Mondays Live!: First Three Episodes


Hey, folks.
I've been trying over the past few months to m something new to try to expand the Maroon Mondays brand to a YouTube channel with a weekly news-and-opinion-based live series based on this blog and the segments it features.

These episodes are admittedly messy, loose and super time-consuming, with me presenting and discussing news topics in an off-the-cuff, on-the-fly, improvisational style (which in hindsight isn't very good to hear, unless I read an article. And because of that, I've taken a more scripted approach from the next episodes onward. And even then, it isn't too easy. Although it's up to your opinion if these were good too).
And so, I present to you, in a very elongated fashion, the first three episodes of  Maroon Mondays Live!.

Episode 1: Duck, Trump, Screw!
(topics: Invader Zim revival TV movie, DuckTales reboot, Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie, my disdain for Trump (...aka Orange) and other Nick and Disney XD news [Billy Dilley and Rocket & Groot].)


Episode 2: Popcorn & Showers! Hot and Golden!
(topics: The first-ever MTV Movie & TV Awards, Stephen Colbert's "homophobic" Orange joke controversy, Ellen DeGeneres' coming out's 20th anniversary--and why she bans Orange from her talk show, and SNL 42 episode 19 [Chris Pine].)

and...
Episode 3: Talkin' Jack & Raven's Back (Digging for Gold)
(topics: my thoughts on: Raven's Home, SNL 42 episode 20 [Melissa McCarthy/Haim], the Baywatch movie (it was an advance screening), an article on how picking your nose and eating the gold is good for you (no, seriously) and the fifth and final season of Samurai Jack.

(and for those asking, yes, those names were not as easy to pick up on or create for these episodes. Especially at the last minute.)
I hope you enjoyed...at least, a taste of what you saw here. And I hope you enjoy what's coming up in possibly the long run. Maroon Mondays Live! on my YouTube channel (under my name) and will be archived soon after (and posted here every Monday evening)

This is something I'd like to do for at least a while, until I begin a taped series sometime later.

More episodes are coming, and I'll post future episodes here too, depending on whether or not this post gets any traction.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment