Monday, July 03, 2017

Star vs. The Forces of Evil Review 2: Episode 3 -- "Star on Wheels / Fetch"



Hey there. Welcome back, Stargazers.

Apologies for the months-long absence. I hope I can make it up to you guys by returning to Reviewing Star vs. The Forces of Evil with all of Season 2...one episode a day.

Let’s kick off this review with...


This was a very fun and humbling episode.
To see Star learn more and more about Earth customs and likenesses makes me smile.
The trust between Starco took a good hit--yes, because Marco neglected to teach Star how to use the brakes, but it did mend again later on before both of them almost met their doom,. And so, it’s great to see Starco’s bond and trust strengthen with each episode...even under strange yet sweet auspices.
Meanwhile, it’s great to see Oskar again; his character is simply one of my favorites last season (even in a wide group of favorites), and his contributions to help Marco out was really sweet...even if he was seemingly almost out of it most of the--the whole time. But we can’t forget Glossaryck! He was as low-key goofball yet high-key hilarious as ever; his help seemed pointless, but made a lot of sense later on, and his random team-up with Oskar was comedy gold. I would love to see these two again sometime. Plus, the invisible goat was just hilarious.

I came into this one with a different disposition, but left more positive. This episode was really a turnover for me. This was an episode with a problem that would’ve easily been figured out halfway through--or even at the start, but it was still fun to watch.

Random Thoughts:
--♪ Got sloppy hot rhymes like a meatball sub. Little book dude he is my bud. Drivin' through signs 'cause we doin' our thing. Marco lookin' chill like he relaxing ♫
-Looks like someone’s born to host a revival of “Pimp My Ride”!
Speaking of ride, Oskar needs to take his West Coast Customs. Or Gas. Either way, he needs to get himself pimped.
--You know, that little scene with Oskar, Marc and Glossy would’ve helped make for a great gender-flipped version of a great certain movie classic…

--I wish that song Oskar and Glossy made was a downloadable song...
or a song I can listen to standalone…
(http://brianwithanh.tumblr.com/post/147964608661/from-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-star-on-wheels) YAAAAAAAY!! (Ahh, Star vs. composers--always looking out for the little guy).
--I love that the wings from Mewberty are back to help save Star in her almost peril.
--I wish I could have a ferret as a pet. I wouldn’t name it Gene, but I definitely could name it something simple, but more than nice like…

...Wow...


Hnehek/kdvnkl…

Uhhh...Let’s just move it on along to the B-side.



It was a weird (and less wild) episode (oh right the theme song), but even with all that admission, it was all pretty clever and added up in the end. Sure, it starts out slow and a little tedious, but it gets there. Some parts were boring, other parts were funny. But it still felt like a mediocre mix. And the “Marco trying to poke the hole into his juice pouch” gag was really funny.
Every time Willoughby talked was also pretty humorous. And it did add up to a nice moment when Lydia finally did talk; that tugged my heartstrings a bit.

Random Thoughts:
--Hey, Marc. If you’re having problems with that juice pouch, just get some scissors and cut at the tip. Problem solved.
--Hey, Star. Just ask the questions about dog about why he wants your wand. I’m sure it’ll give you something of an answer. Problem solved.
--Hey, me. I’m sure there were some parts of the episode you would’ve liked. Just post a few. It’ll make you look less of a dipwad.
-I did, dipwad! They’re lowkey, but that’s all I can find. This episode isn’t a favorite of mine, and that should be okay. Okay? And that’s after a very fun and enjoyable episode at the top for me.
--I want a dog that's loyal, caring and can talk like Lydia. As long as said dog doesn't bite any of my things and won't let go. (especially those that aren't a part of my body.)

And after the bunch of sentences stating the obvious and yet trying to avoid such, I’m ending the review here.

It was a noticeable mish-mash of funny and boring. I’ll keep watching “Star on Wheels” more and more and get to “Fetch” sometime later in life(It’ll be a while).

Thanks for checking in, everyone. Hope you enjoyed this review, and I hope to get your attention back by reviewing every episode every day. And since the TV movie " " is coming up on the 15th, I'll review this as well.

I’ll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on Episode 4…


Hope you’ll join me then.
And I wish you all a very happy and safe Happy 4th of July.
For now…
This is Andrew, saying “Reach for the Star, and Keep looking up! ..at your TV screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment