Monday, July 10, 2017

Star vs. The Forces of Evil Review 2: Episode 10 -- "Friendenemies / Is Mystery"



Willkommen, Stargazers!

Schön dich zu sehen
(Good to see you).



TOM IS BACK!!
And he wants to be friends...with MARCO??

Marc is understandably not delighted about it. But he does go when Tom snaps up tickets for a movie marathon starring Jackie Hand, an old, long-dead action star Marco adores. I was both suspicious and excited (you know, as you are). But with a episode between two people we love, a show is going to be done. And boy did we get a show.

This episode was awesome.
For a moment, we saw Marco and Tom actually having some things in common. And for that long moment, you never noticed Tom’s true intentions--that this was all a ruse to gain a badge from an anger management group to become a nicer, less angrier demon...person, and that for once he was that new person. (But you did still have those feelings throughout, right?) So, yeah, you had to feel sorry for Dear Marc after being so deceived. And who could blame you? You had the right not to trust Tom, thinking he'd (Tom) take him (Marco) to his (still Marco) doom. But it was nice to see ten sweet solid minutes of Tomco.

Also, Star wouldn't agree to this. Remember when she agreed to go with Tom to the Blood Moon Ball in "the eponymous episode"? She had her suspicions at first (and Marc definitely had his all the way), but she did go because she trusted him as a better guy. (Then again, he did tell him about his life coach Brian [who does also return here; and I'll gleefully get to him in a moment] to prove he's changed, so there's that.) She wouldn't accept this because he did blow up at Marco and almost killed him, so down go his "changed man" plan and her trust in him.

But then again, I supremely enjoyed what came out of this. The two unlikely friendenemies (title drop) did have fun, they enjoyed some boy band music, ate some good cereal, and rode a white tiger. I don't know about you, but that is a majestic way to have major fun. And I couldn't get enough of all of it.

Then came the moment when it all was a ruse. Tom wanted to be friends with him for the day just to get a badge celebrating a major milestone of being a good, calm person...demon. My heart broke for Marco, seeing as he's been deceived by someone whom deceived someone he liked (you know who). He really felt hurt, and you can hear it in his (actor's) voice. seriously, I almost cried from that. Heck, even for a moment, I wanted Tom to be a better person and achieve this milestone, because I actually like him! (Just 4 more minutes with him and it'll still be on time.) And because of that I actually had difficulty feeling the most sorry for one over the other; both had a reason to feel like crud for himself and at the other. But Marco had a more reasonable reason to be pissed at Tom.

Other than that, it's good to see, despite them still hating each other, that Marc and Tom have some middle ground between them.

Random Thoughts:
--Marco’s reaction to not getting “Mackie Hand” Festival tickets is me when I can’t get something I’d want online. Replace time too late with not enough money (...if at all). Hitting my head with the screen is less than optional.
--When Star said “hammer”, it reminded me of that time she needed a hammer. It was the same episode Marco and Tom played to-the-death Ping-Pong. (I don’t know why; I didn’t like that plot.)
--I actually tried cereal and soda once. It wasn’t bad. ...Unhealthy, but not bad.
--When the show releases a Love Sentence compilation set, I’mma cop that almost immediately.
--Star wasn’t the focus of the episode. ...Good. (I’m just kidding. Lol ...or am I?)

Fave Moments:
I’d say the whole episode, but would be cheating.
So here are several of them.
--When Tom appeared again
--When Tomco actually have fun together
--When Marco challenged the two Hall & Oates cosplayers to a race (and their smiling faces equivalent to flipping the bird when they get their wrists slapped).
--When Brian returned as Tom’s white tiger (you don’t know how much I love this guy)
--When Marc kicked down the bolted hearse door. (If that doesn’t show you how pissed he was and how awesome he is at karate, nothing would (...yet).
--When Marco and Tom sang together. Great googly-moogly, it was magic. I didn’t expect it, but it was glorious. When I tell you that when Marco himself Adam McArthur and Shawn freakin Hunter himself Rider Strong can sing, my goodness, they can siiiiiiing. I even sang along (even if I had literally no idea what the lyrics were in the first place. They were that good!
--When Tom brought Mackie Hand back from the dead.

I LOOOOOOOOVE this episode. And I’d replay it many times and I’d won’t get annoyed. Sooo many feels about it and I can't explain them all! You know what? I think I’m a Tomco fan now. Sounds about right.

--


Thanks for being here, Stargazers!

Sorry for one episode, I couldn't do both I was too busy today with other things. I'll finish with "Is Mystery" tomorrow.

Also,
I’ll be back tomorrow with Episode 11:
"Into the Wand" and "Future Thing"

Can’t wait to see what I’ll say about that.
Just as much as I’m sure you can wait.

Also, a reminder:
The 2-hour TV movie “The Battle for Mewni” airs this Saturday. Of course, I’ll be watching, and I’ll reviewing it. Not sure if I’ll be posting a review between this Season 2 marathon or at the end since this is between 2 and the upcoming Season 3. I’ll let you know.

Until then, And I’m Andrew, saying
“Reach for the Star, and ♪ And I knew right from the start ♪
♪ Nothing could tear us apart ♪
Keep Looking Up! ...at your [DVR].”

No comments:

Post a Comment